The Light was Right

Subscribe

that's pretty . . . PANC again?
Quote: that's pretty . . . PANC again?
Yes, against a frigid leaden April sky.
Simple gorgeous. What camera did you use for these?
New toy, Nikon D300. It will take a crappy shot twice as fast as the last one.
The optics are everything......so I have to ask, what glass did you use? I'm guessing some high-end Nikkor lens (?)

Sweet shots.
Quote: The optics are everything......so I have to ask, what glass did you use? I'm guessing some high-end Nikkor lens (?)

Sweet shots.
Nikon 70-300mmVR for these.

I really don't like to talk about equipment, it's boring and I don't want people to think they have to spend a lot of time and money to take a good photo.
Most of the shots I post here were taken with cameras whose equal can be bought for $200 or so. I spend the least amount of time I can on this, shoot in JPEG and don't own a copy of Photoshop. I use Picassa 2, which is available as a free Google download to anyone to correct color, contrast, level and crop. I made all the whale pics in under an hour just by being in the right place at the right time.

Here is a good article from a guy who is the bane of camera geeks everywhere about why your camera does not matter:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Good shooting.
Picture perfect
Thanks for that info, jungle.

I own a D100 with a Nikkor 70-200mm but non-VR. Even at only 6 megapixels, when the shot is composed well, in focus, and the "Light is Right", I can blow one up to 2 by 3 feet (I use www.bigposters.com) and still have a perfect shot for display in my house.