FedEx Intial Training

Subscribe
FedExperts,

I have a couple of questions about initial training and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light...

1. How long is the initial training and is it all in Memphis

2. What is the pay? I heard 2k a month....is that accurate...and do you get healthcare and other employee benefits

3. Is the training challenging or at a easy pace. Along those same lines do new hires tend to have trouble going straight to the right seat (trouble learning the plane that is)? I know other airlines do it all the time...

thanks
Initial...forgive the misspelling in the subject :-)
Initial training is about 8 weeks (add 4 more weeks if you go straight to the MD-11.) 2 weeks of Basic Indoc, and then you go to aircraft specific class.

It is all done in Memphis. You are on your own for a place to stay and no per diem.

You get $2000 a month until you finish IOE.

Not sure about health care- think it starts 30 days after you start date. You get to jumpseat when you get your ID the first week. But you are better off staying in MEM most of your time and studying!

The pace really depends on your background. For some guys it is way too slow; for others, they struggle to keep up. Only you can answer that for yourself.

Usually new hires don't go to right seats- in general- but either way, I haven't heard about it being any "harder." If anything, stopping flying to sit on the panel is what can kill your flying skills. Being an engineer (second officer) is a whole different animal- so you do need to adjust your state of mind. I haven't heard of anyone not getting through initial training eventually....
Quote: It is all done in Memphis. You are on your own for a place to stay and no per diem. .
Some sims are done off location (MIA, MCO, MSP, ANC) and the company pays for your hotel, rental car (one between training partners), and I think per deim.

Quote: Not sure about health care- think it starts 30 days after you start date.
Healthcare starts day 1, but they do take it out of your pay. cost about $90 per month for family.

The only ones I heard of not making it through are the ones that are complete jackasses and showed it during their oral, sims, etc..
Forgot about all the off site stuff- we didn't do that when my time came!