FDX: Transportation form MXP to Hotel

Subscribe
Anybody have any alternate plans I could use to get from the MXP airport to the hotel? I'm deviating and getting in about 2 hours after the scheduled flt. In the past I had the ramp arrange it, but now there is a message in bold print to not do that. Any help would be appreciated. I leave tomorrow. Thanks
Quote: Anybody have any alternate plans I could use to get from the MXP airport to the hotel? I'm deviating and getting in about 2 hours after the scheduled flt. In the past I had the ramp arrange it, but now there is a message in bold print to not do that. Any help would be appreciated. I leave tomorrow. Thanks
Man how did you get such a great trip?
You can take the bus outside the terminal, 5 or 6 euros, takes about 30 minutes. There are actually 2 bus companies IIRC. They both go to the train station so it's a short walk to the hotel.
As Fdxbusdriver said, you can take the local bus, that makes a bunch of stops and costs next to spit, or you can call the hotel and arrange for a "taxi" to pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the hotel. That cost would probably be in the 150 - 200 dollar range, payable of course in Euros. The taxi is usually a Mercedes of some sort.
Quote: As Fdxbusdriver said, you can take the local bus, that makes a bunch of stops and costs next to spit, or you can call the hotel and arrange for a "taxi" to pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the hotel. That cost would probably be in the 150 - 200 dollar range, payable of course in Euros. The taxi is usually a Mercedes of some sort.
Well, actually the bus I'm referring to makes a stop at Terminal 2, at the convention center (if there are people to get off there) and then at the train station. Not really what I'd consider a 'bunch' but it's not non-stop, you are correct. I think the name is Malpensa Express. And yeah, you're right, the cost of a taxi/limo is about 150-200. Of course you could deviate into Linate which is much smaller and much closer - KLM goes there I know for sure.
Malpensa Express
As has been said there are two competing bus services to downtown from Malpensa. Walk out of the terminal and you can't miss them. They both stop at Estacione Centrale. Cheap. Ask if they are stopping at "Fiera" which is the convention center. The other bus might not be. It's better if not...adds another 10-15 minutes to an already long ride.
I've taken the "Malpensa Shuttle". Bought my ticket online, before I left the states. Not painful, at all.

http://www.malpensashuttle.it/e-default.htm
Muchas Gracias
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll probably take the Malpensa shuttle. Yes RT, thanks for the tip, too bad you couldn't do the trip.
Quote: Thanks for all the info guys. I'll probably take the Malpensa shuttle. Yes RT, thanks for the tip, too bad you couldn't do the trip.
Women