Comair upgrade question and training contract question????

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Obviously I have read all of the Comair info. I have an interview in a week. Is this 5 year upgrade that I read on here actually true????? Also does Comair have a training contract?
Just because the most junior captain at Comair has been there 5 years does not mean that it will take you 5 years. There are many variables:
1. Attrition
2. New Aircraft
3. Retirements (low in the regional world)
And gaps in hiring within that 5 years
Upgrade times are not easily predictible in the long term. Five years sounds safe, but if there is enough regional downsizing who knows...it could be 10 years, or more.
Yes as of today, our most junior Captain was hired 5 years ago. But also today a new vacancy bid has come out for 25 upgrades. This seems to be the norm about once a month since January. So it will probably come down over this year as more upgrades. We are still short on Captains either way. We are hiring 300 pilots this year. As you know, thing turn on a dime, so I'm just telling you the news as of today.

No, Comair has no training contract.
I believe in 2004 we hired maybe 40 pilots, so it is possible the upgrade could drop as we are upgrading people who were hired in 2003 when there was a bit more hiring, though still it was releatively slow.

Actually: from our current list
90 in 2003 23 of which have been awarded Captain
47 in 2004
56 in 2005

These are approximates (hard to count on the pdf)
Just to agree with what everyone above has said, the 5 year upgrade is misleading. Comair was furloughing guys hired about 2 years ago....so there are gaps in there. It won't take much new flying to speed things up here...
Quote: Just to agree with what everyone above has said, the 5 year upgrade is misleading. Comair was furloughing guys hired about 2 years ago....so there are gaps in there. It won't take much new flying to speed things up here...
Where did you get your information from?
I think he meant we were furloughing 2 to 3 years ago, and we did have several months of lag time where there was no hiring, mainly around furlough time and shortly thereafter.

It was a quick furlough. Furlughs took place in January and everyone was back on property by May or June.
Quote: I think he meant we were furloughing 2 to 3 years ago, and we did have several months of lag time where there was no hiring, mainly around furlough time and shortly thereafter.

It was a quick furlough. Furlughs took place in January and everyone was back on property by May or June.
Best 3 month vacation ever!!
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to