Which rating to get first: Commercial Multi or Commercial Single?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
the way I'm doing it (probably mentioned a lot of times already) is: After the instrument, I got the ME rating (multi-private or what you wanna call it), right now I'm doing the commercial-multi and getting all the hours PIC. Then I'll jump right onto the MEI (as I already have a lot of momentum flying twins), then the single commercial addon followed by cfi and cfii
Quote: the way I'm doing it (probably mentioned a lot of times already) is: After the instrument, I got the ME rating (multi-private or what you wanna call it), right now I'm doing the commercial-multi and getting all the hours PIC. Then I'll jump right onto the MEI (as I already have a lot of momentum flying twins), then the single commercial addon followed by cfi and cfii
That could really work out...you will have a 100+ hours ME and an MEI. You might be able to jump right into an MEI job.

As regional hiring tightens up, quality and quantity of flight time will become more important. When the regionals started to recover after 9/11, I got hired with relativey low total time (1500), but several hundred hours of ME/MEI time. The extra twin time gave me a leg up on ASEL CFI's who had the minimum 100 hours ME. It probably also save me a year of 135 freight.
Quote: As regional hiring tightens up, quality and quantity of flight time will become more important. When the regionals started to recover after 9/11, I got hired with relativey low total time (1500), but several hundred hours of ME/MEI time. The extra twin time gave me a leg up on ASEL CFI's who had the minimum 100 hours ME. It probably also save me a year of 135 freight.
Good advice. Multi engine Jet PIC is a big part of that UPS/FedEX/DHL application. The place most people get it is in the regionals. They fly lots of hours per year and upgrade folks to the left seat in less time. ME time is tough to get so try to find the cheapest way to get it in your logbook.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to