Fedex name in scam e-mail

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
My wife's email address seems to attract these kinds of scam letters. This is the first time I've seen something like this, using the Fedex brand name to lend authenticity:

My Name is Mrs Edith Robertsons Head of the parcel collection and delivery
services Unit of FedEx West Africa,We have been waiting for you to contact us in
respect of the package deposited on our care by Mrs Joanna Benz to be deliver
to you which contains Confirmed able Bank Draft of $800.000.00 United States
Dollars, but we have heard from you.

This is the reason you notifier,you are to contact the officer in charge of
the dispatching of the package you have to note that the package is not yet
Registrated in our network for tracking simply because we have to verify to
make sure that you are the rightful person we are contacting also note that all
fees have been paid by Mrs Joanna Benz Delivery charges,Insurance premium and
Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheques showing that it is not a Drug Money
or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country.

NOTE: You will be required to pay for the Security Keeping fee
because of demur rage.You have to contact the FedEx officer whose details is
stated below for the delivery of your package with the information below:

Contact Person: Mr. Gregory Hats OF THE FED EX COURIER SERVICE
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone:Tel: +2348077385439
+2348024121996

Anybody have a link to Fedex corporate security and do you think they would want to see this?
MM, you might start with Capt BW, the Flight Ops Security Coordinator. His E-mail address is on the last page of your last Safe Skies magazine. By the way, I get about 5-10 scam E-mail's a week in my company inbox (never one that used a Fedex package as bait though). I always just forward them to the E-mail security group. Capt BW should be able to provide that address also.
It's amazing, seems like every day you can read about some new scams out there... Wish we could water board every one of those pranksters...
No way that came from West Africa. It obviously came from somewhere in Memphis. In fact, it probably came from one or two of the guys who post on this very board.
Quote: No way that came from West Africa. It obviously came from somewhere in Memphis. In fact, it probably came from one or two of the guys who post on this very board.
These scams prey on the elderly.

Which is why a select group of FedEx pilots are the intended target
FedEx West Africa? FedEx goes to West Africa? I hope the union is on top of this. Wonder what they'll do with THESE scope payments?
Quote: FedEx West Africa? FedEx goes to West Africa? I hope the union is on top of this. Wonder what they'll do with THESE scope payments?
Assuming you are serious (not sure), when the CEO of Air France was asked about the FedEx expansion in CDG (new big sort facility) a few years ago, he replied, "We get a lot of business from FedEx. Any FedEx expansion could be very good for AirFrance." I've always assumed that AirFrance carries lots of our freight to destinations that we don't fly to?

I suspect AirFrance flys to many African destinations ...

http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/Euro...M_africa.shtml
Quote: These scams prey on the elderly.

I guess that MacMan's wife is also a FedEx pilot. Very cute though. and very quick.
Quote: These scams prey on the elderly.

That's funny!
How do you know its a scam? Looks pretty legit to me. I think you should call, just to be sure.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to