Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
Avoiding Housekeeping Hell >

Avoiding Housekeeping Hell

Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Avoiding Housekeeping Hell

Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172
Default Avoiding Housekeeping Hell

Apparently airlines are not the only ones in the travel industry to squeeze as much as humanly possible out of labor.

And I think I know the establishment referred to in the last paragraph. I may have stayed in the same place during my last trip to the San Juan Islands.

From MSNBC:

Wilma Smith was vacationing with her grandchildren in Orlando when she met a maid on a mission. When she returned from one of the theme parks one afternoon, she found the door to her room at the Days Inn propped wide open.

“We had cameras and laptops in there,” says Smith, a retiree who lives in Darby, Mont. “The maid had been there. Nothing was taken, but we were a little put out by it.”

Hotel guests today are facing off against increasingly zealous and indifferent housekeeping staff. Sometimes, these maids on a mission don’t even wait until you’ve left the room before they start cleaning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24776850/
Old 05-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

It seems that the folks from rural Montana have a thing to learn about big city street smarts. How was she supposed to take precious photos of her grand kids screaming in terror on "Its a Small World" if her camera was in the hotel room.

I'm a bit ashamed of my fellow Montanan.