Unemployment references

Subscribe
I am 21 and have an interview with a 135 cargo operator in a few weeks. In the interview packet that I received it says that they want unemployment references for any periods of unemployment in the last 10 years. Over the last 10 years I have been in school/college. There were a few summers in high school that I didn't have a job. I am just wondering if I need an unemployment reference for those summers. I would think that they are talking about any periods of unemployment after you are done with college, but I would appreciate a second opinion.
Thanks
Quote: I am 21 and have an interview with a 135 cargo operator in a few weeks. In the interview packet that I received it says that they want unemployment references for any periods of unemployment in the last 10 years. Over the last 10 years I have been in school/college. There were a few summers in high school that I didn't have a job. I am just wondering if I need an unemployment reference for those summers. I would think that they are talking about any periods of unemployment after you are done with college, but I would appreciate a second opinion.
Thanks
Yes only those years after school where you might have been unemployed needs verification, they will probably want you to list part time jobs while in school though. It's all part of the background check requirements since 9/11
In my experience, they are most interested in unemployment while not earning an education. However, you never know who is reading it and what kind of "stickler" they are, so I recommend putting references for periods of unemployment after high school.

There is a limit on the unemployed period (example: unemployed for longer than 90 days) so if you were in classes thereby not making the full period as unemployed then there is no reason for the references. Did that just make sense?

What exactly is your concern? What is the unemployment length whereby they require these references? Are these professional or personal references?

Lori
Lori -

Speaking of references. In some TAP classes in the military now they are saying that it isn't even necessary to put -
REFERENCES: Available upon request
on the resume anymore. That if they want references then they will ask you for them.
Do you agree with this thought when dealing with the aviation industry.
On the forum here I haven't really heard people talking about needing references.

USMCFLYR
TAP - Would be Transition Assistance Program (from military life to civilian life) for the non-military out there.
I absolutely agree!

They will have you complete an application which will ask specifically for references.

Lori
Quote: Lori -

Speaking of references. In some TAP classes in the military now they are saying that it isn't even necessary to put -
REFERENCES: Available upon request
on the resume anymore. That if they want references then they will ask you for them.
Do you agree with this thought when dealing with the aviation industry.
On the forum here I haven't really heard people talking about needing references.

USMCFLYR