put a fork in me

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: " to become tennis teacher at local Country Club " ????
it's true.....this profession has reached that point!
Best Wishes though.....

Reino
Yep, sadly this is true. I too am strongly considering going back to the tech industry. Working in cubeville aint very glamorous, but the $$$ is tremendously better and gaurunteed weekends/holidays off. I can hear it now: "Yeahhhhhhhh, you forgot the cover sheet for your TPS reports, did'ya get that memo?"

Good luck in your new/old job!
I know, it's scary... Flying around the country in snow, ice, t-storms, engine failures, whatever for what....$20-35 bucks an hour as an F/O? I can deal with teaching pretty ladies with tennis skirts for $80 an hour....it's tough sometimes..

g.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_03/ballgirlmadrid1910_468x815.jpg
I was just offered my old job back as well, at a higher salary (well over 100k) and it was really hard to say no.... but with the way things are going, I might not have much choice pretty soon anyway.
You wont be the last... I know MANY FO's and some CA's who are on the brink. Most of the FO's have said if the F happens they wont be back. .....

Good luck to you.
Quote: Thanks guys, and sorry Tony, yeah I am junior to you. I will be returning to my other job that I have been doing for years--teaching tennis at a country club. Not a bad gig and it'd take me an upgrade and 15 years to make similar pay (plus I will have holidays off, etc.)...I will miss the crews and flying, though.
Which sadly, probably pays more than teaching people how to fly.
Min of $68/hr.....
Let's here some more!
success stories of people who left Aviation and are happier. Hey mods, how's about a whole section dedicated to this?
I have been looking at returning to my former job. Gold assayer for the mining industry and CFI on the side to keep me in the air.
I miss flying
Quote: success stories of people who left Aviation and are happier. Hey mods, how's about a whole section dedicated to this?
I miss flying but am very glad to have chosen a different path. Had I took another flying job I would have been laid off again by now (or about to be laid off) and looking at starting over again. However this time much older. Just about every company that I had a chance with after getting the ax 5 years ago has down the tubes lately.

Today we are in a much better position and are the masters of our own destiny. My wife and children are happy. I am home all the time and are with our friends and family again. We have much better financial security and are able to pursue other dreams and interests.

All I had to do to get all that we have today was to let go of my aviation dream. It is amazingly costly to ones life.

Skyhigh
Quote: Most of the FO's have said if the F happens they wont be back. .....
I would happily take a voluntary furlough/LOA. If I can keep my number and still go back to river guiding the Grand canyon I would do it in a heartbeat. In fact, for all you skw emb fo's, please take my two trips on sked plus so I can go to the big ditch this month
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to