91K the cliff notes..

Subscribe
Anyone have a link to a site or some info on 91K that condenses it to a dummy version? What major difference are there between 121,135 and 91k

thanks
A friend of mine started writing books called "The FAR's in Plain English." You can look them up, but it has been 5 years since I saw him last. The first one he did was on part 91, but I am not sure what parts were in there.
A Book called- "Everything Explained For The Professional Pilot." It's not cheap, but i'ts well worth the price. Excellent for studing for an interview, or brushing up on the FAR's. Highly recommended!!!
Part 91(k) is essentially "Part 135 Lite." Pretty much the same rules as Part 135, just less paperwork and load manifest reqs.
Quote: Part 91(k) is essentially "Part 135 Lite." Pretty much the same rules as Part 135, just less paperwork and load manifest reqs.
thanks all for the recommendations..

Citationdrvrmob.. so does this mean that fractionals aren't doing W&B or taking the names for TSA like 135s?

Also, are there different take off and landing alternate requirements? I couldn't glean any from my reading of it, but again, do most fractional companies go with FAR 91 or 135 on this?
I can also recommend "Everything Explained." I think it's about 60 bucks, but it is quite comprehensive and has a great index to help locate the subjects you need.
Quote: I can also recommend "Everything Explained." I think it's about 60 bucks, but it is quite comprehensive and has a great index to help locate the subjects you need.
I've actually been doing the updates on my Jepps subscription to the FAR/AIM and forcing myself to read the governmentese version... so far I can't see anything that really applies to a pilot in 91K that is relevant to day to day operations..

I'm going to force myself to just read them (and take a few no-doze and drink lots of coffee) and save the $$ on the books.. I did find a nice site on takeoff performance however here which is handy for interview prep: http://www.airplanedriver.net/study/part25.htm
Quote: so does this mean that fractionals aren't doing W&B or taking the names for TSA like 135s?

Also, are there different take off and landing alternate requirements? I couldn't glean any from my reading of it, but again, do most fractional companies go with FAR 91 or 135 on this?

No. At CS we always fly to 135 standards with the exception of o2 masks. On 91 legs, we don't put them on until 410.