NetJets to buy 40 Gulfstream jets in $1.9 bln deal

Subscribe
http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080620?rpc=44
Dang! That is very impressive!

Not that it changes my decision, but I want to fly for NJ now more than ever
Yeah, but Berkshire Hathaway stock closed down on the news. Only selling for $124,000 a share today!
wow, I wonder if its going to NJ International
Yes and no.......Yes the planes will go to NJI, but in less than a year all new hires into the G4-5's will come from the ranks of NJA....No more hiring for NJI. Every 1 out of 3 Capt into the G's will continue to come from NJI until a merger a full merger takes place.
From my guess...there are around 15-20 PIC's flying the G's that are from NJA, and roughly 30 FO's.
I'd love to go to NJI....but can't afford the pay cut it would be for me since id loose all Hourly OT (10k a year), NRFO pay (12k a year), holiday pay (about 5k a year), and the loss of all per diem.
Remember, some will most likely go to NJE (Europe) and NJME (Middle East). To those lucky enough to fly them, enjoy!
And also remember that the NJI G-IVs will need replacement in the not too distant future and that there will soon be a NJ India operation that claims that it will be focusing on long haul. My guess is minimal growth at NJI out of the order- mostly fleet renewal. At least out of all of those airplanes, none is the 650 so maybe when that order is made NJI could see some descent growth.