SWA Aircraft Future

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Can anyone see a future at SWA with another "type" of aircraft? When will SWA start to sit down the 737-500? 737-300? Any more talk out there about International expansion? Hawaii? Any latest with ATA and moves there?
People in the know about this certainly won't be posting about it on this forum.
Quote: Any latest with ATA and moves there?
I'm pretty sure ATA is out of business....
ATA is out of business, I don't forsee southwest changing much, 73 for them is here to stay, better on fuel and range but minor changes....like the saying goes if it aint broke, don't go and break it...or something like that
They are making good money with what they've got. Why change?
if it works dont change it
With all of the 737's that are being dumped by other airlines, I'd say the SWA part inventory just went up.
This is SWAs next airplane. They will be the launch customer. They will use it to inaugurate international service.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...61028-01-8.jpg
Big Dummy...is partially right. SWA has people in Seattle, working with boeing, on a "dreamliner" 737 variant. That will be SWA's new A/C.
Quote: Big Dummy...is partially right. SWA has people in Seattle, working with boeing, on a "dreamliner" 737 variant. That will be SWA's new A/C.
Actually false. Boeing has already stated that a new airframe would be possible, but the real issue is the design of the new engine for it.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to