100 Ways To Cut 100 Calories

Subscribe
I do a lot of these and you'd think I'm svelte, but I also have an addiction for Coke.

100 Ways to Cut 100 Calories
Use smaller plates and utensils. This was proven by researchers at Cornell:
Quote:
Participants [in this study] were randomly given either a small bowl or a large one, and a small or large serving spoon. Each participant then spooned out some ice cream. As the participants filled out a survey asking how much they believed they had portioned out for themselves, the researchers weighed their bowls. The results? The participants using the larger bowl ate just over 30% more than those who used the smaller bowl. And despite the fact that they helped themselves to a significantly larger serving size, they didn't think they dished out any more than the others.

Interestingly, the participants who used the large serving spoon got more ice cream, too -- around 15% more than the others -- even if they used the small bowl. Less surprisingly, those who were given both the large bowl and the large spoon ate a whopping 57% more ice cream than those with the smaller bowl and spoon. These results lead to researchers to identify the dishes and serving spoons as "consumption cues."
Quote: I do a lot of these and you'd think I'm svelte, but I also have an addiction for Coke.

100 Ways to Cut 100 Calories
Ha ha, that's one way to stay thin.
Quote: Ha ha, that's one way to stay thin.
I think she meant the drink . I used to have a really bad Mountain Dew problem...
Work on mastering #22. Always better to combine reducing 100 calories w/ burning an extra 100

;-)
Don't overdo it. I heard a guy can go blind if he's not careful. Rather be a little chunky than bumping into furniture. Not all of us can look like an Olympic swimmer after all.
Too true,

but, that's why i always close one eye so only one is going bad....and, tons of other health benefits too

Hopefully it will be a good week to be an olympic swimmer and not just look like one
Quote: I think she meant the drink . I used to have a really bad Mountain Dew problem...
At my old charter company Mt. Dew was the go-juice du jour. Just about everyone was a junkie. One guy even kept track of the states where you could/couldn't buy Code Red in 2 liters and would stock up on the road because he lived in a "non Code Red state."

Those 1AM call outs were impossible without Mt. Dew.

I think it was more of a solution than a problem!
Ah mountain dew, so many late nights..................