Instrument check ride! Oral exam Jitters!! Plz help!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
A good way too calm the nerves is by chewing some gum and having confidence in your abilities as a pilot. Best of luck
Just a heads up G-1000’s are really cool, but make sure you know everything about the G1000, a lot of examiners like to ask questions on it I think because they just want to know more about something they have no clue about… Also even though you are in a glass cockpit study your steam gauge stuff.

Quick question how did you train partial panel with the G1000? Just something I have always wondered, don’t you have to do a partial panel non-precision approach?

Good Luck!

Piper
I know some that would puill CBs for the AHARS to simulate partial panel. I did not like to do that, but teaching partial panel can be difficult in those planes and dimming the screen takes away the CDI. Personally, I don't know the "perfect" partial panel way in the G1000.
PTS- Study it thoroughly
FAR/AIM- Specified in first few pages
Weather n IAP's are very important, plan good flight plan n use alternate regardless of weather conditions, lost comm.
All these things are really important..
Good luck.
Good luck with the checkride!! I'm at the beginning of my Instrument training. Done with the written prep haven't started the oral prep, but I am so looking forward to the checkride. Please share how yours went!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to