PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
366  416  456  462  463  464  465  466  467  468  469  470  476  516  566  966 
Page 466 of 1123
Go to
Children of the Magenta Line? What kind of crap is that?

The Piedmont Testing Department.... Saving the aviation world one unsat at a time.

Who in their right mind really believes that bull****?
Quote: While I agree with you about staying away from PDT I strongly disagree about majors looking for glass time. I have had tons of buddies hired with no glass, or EFIS only time.
This is not true. The majors definitely want glass/FMS management time and skills. When I applied to JetBlue, Atlas, and Airways they all ask for either your efis or fms time. It certainly does count. When all FOs are essentially even (degree, clean record, atp) not having glass time will put your resume in the other stack. Especially when PDT can't fly in rvsm airspace, or do rnav sids, stars, or approaches.
Quote: This is not true. The majors definitely want glass/FMS management time and skills. When I applied to JetBlue, Atlas, and Airways they all ask for either your efis or fms time. It certainly does count. When all FOs are essentially even (degree, clean record, atp) not having glass time will put your resume in the other stack. Especially when PDT can't fly in rvsm airspace, or do rnav sids, stars, or approaches.
They ask for your times but it certainly hasn't stopped JetBlue, usair, atlas, and now united from hiring our pilots over he last few months.
Yes, our guys do get hired at other airlines. My point is, when building a resume or filling out an application, wouldn't you want to be able to check as many boxes as you can? Don't come here to "build a good scan." Go to the airline that 1)Gives you the best QOL and then 2) Makes your resume the strongest
Quote: Yes, our guys do get hired at other airlines. My point is, when building a resume or filling out an application, wouldn't you want to be able to check as many boxes as you can? Don't come here to "build a good scan." Go to the airline that 1)Gives you the best QOL and then 2) Makes your resume the strongest
Agreed.

As for everything else... Anyone that has or does work at Piedmont know what the problems are.
Quote: Children of the Magenta Line? What kind of crap is that?

The Piedmont Testing Department.... Saving the aviation world one unsat at a time.

Who in their right mind really believes that bull****?
Who in their right mind believes that? I'll tell you who, 35 years in the business, the last 25 spent flying heavies around the world proves to me those with solid steam gauge experience fare better when the crap hits the fan in a third world country than those that learned to fly using an auto-pilot. YMMV.
Quote: Who in their right mind believes that? I'll tell you who, 35 years in the business, the last 25 spent flying heavies around the world proves to me those with solid steam gauge experience fare better when the crap hits the fan in a third world country than those that learned to fly using an auto-pilot. YMMV.
Your statement is ridiculous. Perhaps people rely on autopilot too much but saying flying round dials makes you better when thing start going wrong is incredibly silly. I bet flying with an airplane with an open cockpit makes you a better pilot too.
Quote: Your statement is ridiculous. Perhaps people rely on autopilot too much but saying flying round dials makes you better when thing start going wrong is incredibly silly. I bet flying with an airplane with an open cockpit makes you a better pilot too.
Hilarious!
Quote: This is not true. The majors definitely want glass/FMS management time and skills. When I applied to JetBlue, Atlas, and Airways they all ask for either your efis or fms time. It certainly does count. When all FOs are essentially even (degree, clean record, atp) not having glass time will put your resume in the other stack. Especially when PDT can't fly in rvsm airspace, or do rnav sids, stars, or approaches.
Your right. I'm going to resign at Airways as I had no glass time. Nor did my Colgan buddies that went to Hawaiian, continental, SWA, jet blue, spirit, virgin America or delta.
PDT News and Rumors
I can't fathom a major giving a rat's rear end about glass time, RVSM, RNP, RVAV arrivals / departures and approaches. The entire professional flying world knows that if you master flying a six pack in busy airspace that flying something with all the whizbang stuff is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's a much more difficult transition going from glass to steam (explains part of the washout rate).

BTW, the fastest thing in the sky is only 40 kts faster than a Dash 8 where it counts from a pilot's standpoint.
366  416  456  462  463  464  465  466  467  468  469  470  476  516  566  966 
Page 466 of 1123
Go to