UPS saves 3 million gallons of gas a year by turning right

Subscribe
Thought this was interesting.

Good Morning Yahoo!
Stand by the VNY UPS facility around 9AM. You'll see dozens of their trucks turning left, proceeding to another intersection and turning left. Amazing how it happens.
Routes are planned to make mostly Right turns....this doesn't mean that they don't make left turns.
Funny
You'd be surprised how much ammunition a C-130 can burn when turning left!

BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR boom boom boom booom booom KAAAAH WHUMMMMP!!!!
Quote: You'd be surprised how much ammunition a C-130 can burn when turning left!

BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR boom boom boom booom booom KAAAAH WHUMMMMP!!!!
True, true... It sure beats listening to some jack-ss in traffic with his thump thump turned up too far!
Too bad we have no fuel savings plan, experience, or initiative on the Flt Ops side.

I hate to sound like chicken little, but Dorothy, Toto, and the Tinman are all trying on prom dresses because things are sooo rosy.

FF
Quote: Too bad we have no fuel savings plan, experience, or initiative on the Flt Ops side.

I hate to sound like chicken little, but Dorothy, Toto, and the Tinman are all trying on prom dresses because things are sooo rosy.

FF
SE taxi and don't start the APU until necessary ... that's the plan !

I don't think you are being chicken little at all, the view from the bottom isn't quite as rosy for us !

Been there, done that ...
Quote: SE taxi and don't start the APU until necessary ... that's the plan !
Make sure all holding patterns and taxiing is done with right hand turns