$64,000 Question

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
the scary thing is is, airlines are losing a lt more money now then after 9/11. so maybe it will take longer then 5-6 years.......................
Quote: the scary thing is is, airlines are losing a lt more money now then after 9/11. so maybe it will take longer then 5-6 years.......................
Yep. Many of them had not even fully recovered from 9/11 before this slump hit - a one-two punch! It's going to be an ugly several years ahead, at the least.
I think this is going to be a relatively short downturn. The more oil drops, the better the chance for a strong recovery. Oil usually falls more rapidly than it rises. It is sitting at $118/bbl right now. I think we might see it at $100/bbl by early September. I then think there will be new classes at the regional level starting soon after that. I think the biggest thing is that all the airlines across the board have to add around $10-$15/leg to their ticket prices and stop nickel and diming people to death. That way they are making money and the tickets are that much more expensive.

Just my two cents.

Michael
I tend to agree with michael95, in part because I want to!!!! but aI have been talking to my friends at CAL and they seem to agree that within 6 - 9 months the new class will start. I sure hope so... I am trying to start a new career at 46, almost 47, I can't wait to long!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to