ATP flight School, any current students opinions?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Atp
You must have your PPL. If you don't you can get it through ATP or on your own. It might be cheaper to do it on your own. If you do that, you must have 85 hrs total time and 25 hrs XC PIC before you start ATP. The interview is easy. It is based on systems of the aircraft you flew and private pilot knowledge, followed by a short sim session, and a 25 question written test done at the ATP location near you. It is then followed up by a phone interview which will be based on the same info. Everything you hear about is legit. They aren't here to steal your money. They won't charge you any more than they told you it is going to cost. If you do good on your checkrides, meaning you don't bust to many, especially your instrument and CFI checkrides, you can get a job instructing. This is the best way to build multi time and get paid for it. When the program is over, you already have enough multi time(150 hrs) for most regionals. Then if you instruct, you get paid to fly as much multi time per month as you can. I have 420 hours and 290 of it is multi. You cannot beat it when it comes to flight schools
^ Good information. Thanks CTD
Thanks for the info...I already have the PPL and required PIC / X-C hours.

-LA
kewl beans
I'm interested in possibly doing the Airline Transition Program. I really want to work for ExpressJet. Would this be a good route to go to get on with them?
Quote: I'm interested in possibly doing the Airline Transition Program. I really want to work for ExpressJet. Would this be a good route to go to get on with them?
Yes...It should be one of the routes you consider. Please research and ask about local FBOs. In the end you'll find ATP is a very attractive alternative to training at a local FBO.

Good luck with your career and ExpressJet.

-LAFF
Atp
ATP is a great flight school.

Alot of the examiners they outsource to, in my opinion, are some of the most interesting people on the planet. They desperate look for anyone, no matter, how senile, how wierd, or just much of a A*****le they are.

Easy or hard checkpilots, are just a matter of a luck. Ive seen the Hardest examiner just walk in the door, and litteraly give this a friend of mine his multi comm ride. I mean mouths droped to the floor, we couldnt believe it. Then the next day some one more prepared went 2hrs oral and 1.5 to 2 in the flight.

ATP is a great school, juat pray your examiner is fair, i think thats the word i need to use.
Quote: ATP is a great flight school.

Alot of the examiners they outsource to, in my opinion, are some of the most interesting people on the planet. They desperate look for anyone, no matter, how senile, how wierd, or just much of a A*****le they are.

Easy or hard checkpilots, are just a matter of a luck. Ive seen the Hardest examiner just walk in the door, and litteraly give this a friend of mine his multi comm ride. I mean mouths droped to the floor, we couldnt believe it. Then the next day some one more prepared went 2hrs oral and 1.5 to 2 in the flight.

ATP is a great school, juat pray your examiner is fair, i think thats the word i need to use.
ATP is a great flight school.

Care to explain.

-LAFF
Quote: ATP is a great flight school.
You crack me up, you say you're going to go to ATP, yet you already know they are great. hehe.

Quote: Good for you! I'm active-duty AF as well. I finished my PPL but will be waiting to get the rest of my ratings at www.allatps.com after I retire.
Quote: You crack me up, you say you're going to go to ATP, yet you already know they are great. hehe.
I was quoting the post before mine...

I know they are an excellent deal in flight training for me. For others - well, they have to decide for themselves.

-LAFF
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to