Notices
GoJet Regional Airline

Is GoJet still a scab company?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa
Default Is GoJet still a scab company?

I know, its a loaded question, and I'm really, truly not trying to start a flame war.

For the sake of the discussion, most people would agree that GoJet was created as a scab outfit to circumvent the TSA pilots contract, despite the legal opinion that it was in fact a separate entity.

It has been a number of years now. GoJet has teamsters representation. There is no indication that the TSA and GoJet will ever have their seniority lists merged. The company seems to have won.

At what point will there have been enough water under the bridge to say "GoJet is an okay place to work. Yeah they may be a bottom feeder, and they started off as a scumbag airline, but they're not worse than XYZ."
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
N/a

Joined APC: Jul 2007

ohhh boy....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
GoJet is an okay place to work.
Oh, holy crap.

Pull up, Pull up!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Waiting for retirements

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
I know, its a loaded question, and I'm really, truly not trying to start a flame war...............

......................At what point will there have been enough water under the bridge to say "GoJet is an okay place to work. Yeah they may be a bottom feeder, and they started off as a scumbag airline, but they're not worse than XYZ."
Does a bear ******* in the woods..........

When h*** freezes over........
Old 08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
ILL BEE DAT

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Rollin' Down tha 405

I dont think there will really ever be "happy times" for GoJet. The pilots that are getting hired there now arent the 250 hour SJS kids but 5000+ hour 121 pilots who were on the street. What I say is "you gotta do what you gotta do in this crappy environment." That being said...I only direct that toward those who really had no choice but to go to G7 since they were screwed.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008

sellout!!! everyone has a choice... and those that choose to work for gojet obviously devalue theirs and everone elses lives in this industry....its a POS company that shouldnt have applicants period, go work for home depot or lowes, please for your sake and everyone elses do not work or even think about working for gojet..... even though they arent exacty the defintion of a scab....its pretty darn close in my book!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sabre 60

Is the pope Catholic?...

Does a bear do it in the woods?...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
ILL BEE DAT

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Rollin' Down tha 405

Originally Posted by riccpt82 View Post
sellout!!! everyone has a choice... and those that choose to work for gojet obviously devalue theirs and everone elses lives in this industry....its a POS company that shouldnt have applicants period, go work for home depot or lowes, please for your sake and everyone elses do not work or even think about working for gojet..... even though they arent exacty the defintion of a scab....its pretty darn close in my book!!!
Now I'm not disagreeing with you one bit but have you tried to get a job in this "New America" that we live in...especially after losing your 121 job and having a degree. I have been denied hourly (Working with 16-18 year olds) jobs at Best Buy, Home Depot, Sports Authority and Target because I am overqualified for the hourly positions yet I am underqualified for management because I dont have any "retail experience."

I remind you of the most appropriate quote from Oscar Gamble - "They don't think it be like it is...but it do..."
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: CRJ Seat 13D

Yes..............
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
West Coast livin

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Salukipilot4590 View Post
Now I'm not disagreeing with you one bit but have you tried to get a job in this "New America" that we live in...especially after losing your 121 job and having a degree. I have been denied hourly (Working with 16-18 year olds) jobs at Best Buy, Home Depot, Sports Authority and Target because I am overqualified for the hourly positions yet I am underqualified for management because I dont have any "retail experience."

I remind you of the most appropriate quote from Oscar Gamble - "They don't think it be like it is...but it do..."
That's what a lot of pilots have been hearing, that "Your Overqaulified" Crap. Have you tried Delta mainline? They are hiring, go to thier website to check it out. Hope everything works out for you.