Guam B-52 Crash

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Does anyone have any information on what caused the crash of the B-52 at Guam a few weeks ago?

Thanks.

-Fatty
Quote: Does anyone have any information on what caused the crash of the B-52 at Guam a few weeks ago?

Thanks.

-Fatty
No news yet. My squadron is out there. This one is not going to be easy. 2 crew dogs floating in the horse collars dead. Other 4 at the bottom of deep water. If I get any news I'll update it. Some real good dudes on the jet. Sad day for the AF.
reCALcitrant;

Thanks for the update. Any idea what phase of flight they were in?
First, I have no idea about the accident. However, when my grandfather flew the B-52, he thought it was a great airplane. He was, however, comparing it to the B-17. It's time to buy a bomber from this century.

Joe
Quote: First, I have no idea about the accident. However, when my grandfather flew the B-52, he thought it was a great airplane. He was, however, comparing it to the B-17. It's time to buy a bomber from this century.

Joe
No kidding.
Guam B-52 Crash
Best guess from a former B-52 instructor -- descending turn at low altitude at high gross weight when they were setting up for a fly-by -- and they couldn't pull it out in time. Board results should be out soon.
Why would they be at high GW for an airshow? It was on Guam, right? You can get to any place on Guam in about 4 minutes.
And the crash was 30 miles to the NW according to the news FOXNews.com - B-52 Bomber Carrying 6 Crew Members Crashes Off Guam - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Rickair,

Who said they were high GW? That was an uneducated guess by someone who has zero evidence to support that guess.
Quote: Rickair,

Who said they were high GW? That was an uneducated guess by someone who has zero evidence to support that guess.
It was educated to the point the guy is a former B-52 IP. He can certainly speculate on it. As can we all. And a guess is a guess - he doesn't need to have evidence to support it. We go through this everytime there's a crash. Someone starts a thread, people chime in and speculate, and others get all worked up by it. Every single time. You'd think people would be used to it by now.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to