Who went from a regional to a major?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
NWA hired a ton of guys with under 1,000TPIC time...................... Most of the guys that left XJT just had a few hundred hours of TPIC, and I know a lot that had well over 1,000TPIC and didnt get the job ...............

apparently (from what I have heard) over at NWA the CA is like GOD and they feel that those that have recently been in the right seat might better suit the corporate culture over there

DISCLAIMER: I was told this by a NWA new-hire so dont flame me
Quote: apparently (from what I have heard) over at NWA the CA is like GOD and they feel that those that have recently been in the right seat might better suit the corporate culture over there

Haven't had a problem with the CAs on the DC9, but I heard some of the widebody CAs can be real jerks. I like being at NWA. Variety in equipment and flying, working for your own airline, not a vendor, and better workrules.
Quote: NWA hired a ton of guys with under 1,000TPIC time...................... Most of the guys that left XJT just had a few hundred hours of TPIC, and I know a lot that had well over 1,000TPIC and didnt get the job ...............

apparently (from what I have heard) over at NWA the CA is like GOD and they feel that those that have recently been in the right seat might better suit the corporate culture over there

The CA's that I have flown with are in NO way like that. As far as the hiring at NWA goes, they had their requirements and stood by them unlike some, *cough* CAL *cough*. Nobody at NWA was hired without meeting the requirements, everyone had the time and the 4 year degree. My class ranged from i think 4000-10000+hours, most were regional guys(all CA's) and a couple 135 and military guys. The breakdown of XJT pilots that were hired were typically really senior XJT CA's or Junior NWA CA's not alot of in the middle guys.
Being on the widebody, I have not seen that at all. NWA used a matrix system to award point values to applicants. I was told that one of the reasons I got the interview with low time was due to multiple type ratings.
again, this was second hand info, all the NWA guys I have ever met have been class acts, very professional/friendly guys.
Quote: I do not see how AA or UAL can survive without a good merger with another airline.
A good merger, isn't that an oxymoron?
I'm still working on my multi-engine retract time...got plenty of night flying though for that dream "commercial" airline pilot job.

Best of luck. Keep asking questions.
Quote: I'm still working on my multi-engine retract time...got plenty of night flying though for that dream "commercial" airline pilot job.

Best of luck. Keep asking questions.

Yeah, but how much 'actual' have you logged recently!
Quote: AA has enough on it's plate by just trying to replace the 300+ md80's it has.
What? They have 73 delivery's starting in less than six months... on almost a one for one basis with the MD80's... there will be a net loss, but not much. Look for them to buy one of the next ones to enter BK. They will not lose their title.... they value it too much. You have to understand their mentality.
Quote: I'm not sure the DOJ will let AA grow any larger anyway.
Oh, but they'll ok the DAL merger though right? They can't say yes to one, and no to another... if AA buys the next one in BK, they are "saving jobs" and the DOJ won't block it.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to