Jumpseat on AA

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I was told I need to meal list does anyone have the 800 number?
I haven't used it in a while, but 888-WEFLYAA (933-5922) option 3 I believe.
I commute on AA every time I go to work, and yeah, they require you to "meal-list" now. AA changed their policy recently to not allowing anyone to just show up at the gate and list there. (Most gate agents will tell you they can't even do it anymore). You still have to check in at the gate once you get there, though, or they won't know you've actually shown up.

The number lowandslow posted works. They're usually pretty quick about it.
Thanks maybe I will get home sometime tonight!
yea you have to give your full name.

I've run into issues with it in the past with the TSA because when you do it thru a gate agent, it comes up as "YourLastName/M" and it shows up as M for everyones first name, no matter what your first name is.

This made an issue with the TSA and they changed the policy i guess
Quote: yea you have to give your full name.

I've run into issues with it in the past with the TSA because when you do it thru a gate agent, it comes up as "YourLastName/M" and it shows up as M for everyones first name, no matter what your first name is.

This made an issue with the TSA and they changed the policy i guess
This is typical AMR ... No other airline requires pilots to jump though the hoops this company does. You should just enter your employee number and up you pop in CASS. Done. Just like DAL UAL and all the rest. I am sorry for my company's total lack of competency.
I know this is thier stance now, but I have almost always been able to sweet talk the gate agents into doing it all at once. They seem pretty nice in ORD and DFW. But this may just be my experience and not typical.
How is this different from SWA? I J/S'd on SWA twice last month. I had to call and list for the flights.

The meal list for AA just creates a record in Res (ervations) for the agent to process your Jumpseat in less keystrokes.

I do wish our gate agents were as friendly as the SWA employees.
SWA has the easiest jumpseat policy in the industry in my humble opinion. While they reccomend that you list prior, if you are running late trying to get home and get to the gate 10 mins before they push, you will still get on the flight. That will never happen trying to jumpseat on American. And this is in no way a slam on the AA crews as they have been great the 3 times I have gone on American. Gate agents on the other hand are a different story.
Herbie,

Maybe just where ya were trying to leave from. The AA agents have always been real good to me at DFW. AND, I actually had an AA agent in MSP chase me down the hall when she looked around and didn't see the guy she had previously listed on the jumpseat and asked that I wait a second while she paged him.

Way over the call of duty.

Ferd
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to