23 More Pilots Saved at RAH

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
The news came out today that 23 furloughs at RAH were canceled. I think that is a total of 37 down from the original count. Congrats to those that were saved from the F-Bomb. 14 are going to have to move from Shuttle to Republic. Makes you wonder if US Airways picked up a couple of those Frontier 170's parked in PIT or did the NO OT by their pilots have the desired effect??

Either way -- congrats to the guys who are not going to be on the street.
No OT might have helped but I think it has more to do with there having been zero reserves in PHL for the past two months.

What we need now is to get rid of this 82hr line BS.
whats the DOH up to now?
Quote: No OT might have helped but I think it has more to do with there having been zero reserves in PHL for the past two months.

Maybe keeping 82 hr lines will help cancel more furloughs? Wouldn't you want that instead? Not flaming, just curious.
Quote: Maybe keeping 82 hr lines will help cancel more furloughs? Wouldn't you want that instead? Not flaming, just curious.
We want 75 hour lines. They won't lower it to the contractual min.
Quote: We want 75 hour lines. They won't lower it to the contractual min.

O.K. I thought that is what he was implying. That would help, glad to hear you're trying to help out your pilot group. Thanks for the clarification. Good Luck.
Yes we'd like to see the min dropped to 75 at least but so far no luck. RAH loves to be understaffed.
That's good news. If you look hard enough, there are some tiny bits of good news bubbling up to the surface. Furloughs are always bad, but it's better to see furloughs cancelled rather than increased. Maybe, just maybe, things won't be as bad as thought a month or two ago.
Quote: No OT might have helped but I think it has more to do with there having been zero reserves in PHL for the past two months.

My friend at Shuttle says things are the same there (ORD). Reserves are flying 80+...a lot of sick calls result in cx due to not having available reserve crew.
I was surprised to read they were displacing people to Republic. With the loss of the Frontier flying, everyone was saying that Republic was fat. I'm so confused...
Quote: I'm so confused...
Welcome to the club
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to