TSA at it again

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Seems the TSA is using its "valuable" resources to combat security threats again....crew members beware

To All Flight Crewmembers, We have had a couple of incidents reported in which a TSA employee has requested that crewmembers carry liquids or other items through a security check point for a passenger or other employee. Obviously this would be a violation of security protocol and none of our crewmembers have complied with the request. The TSA does not have a policy of testing crewmembers in this manner. If you are approached by any person requesting you to take an item through security, it should be reported to the on duty chief pilot immediately. If it is not TSA or Security Personnel that approaches you, you should report it to the TSA, Airport Police or a GSC before calling the chief pilot. Your report should include the airport name, which checkpoint, a description of the individual and if possible, the name of the individual.
Saving the world one ounce of liquid at a time.
In his speech, Obama just promised to cut federal programs that aren't doing anything for the country. Hope he delivers on that promise and gets rid of the TSA. Come on, going undercover to trick pilots? Damaging planes? Time to start cutting TSA funding.
Quote: In his speech, Obama just promised to cut federal programs that aren't doing anything for the country. Hope he delivers on that promise and gets rid of the TSA. Come on, going undercover to trick pilots? Damaging planes? Time to start cutting TSA funding.
No, they need to raise their pay and increase hiring requirements...perhaps to slightly above that of a Wendy's or Mickey D's cashier...
I just posted this in the majors under "Jumpseating and the Awesome TSA":

Quote: Be careful out there going through TSA.

I had a lady jump in line right before I got in the line at ORD. I didn't see where she came from but she didn't come from the employee line (it was late on the weekend so the normal employee line was closed). Anyway, as she was putting her stuff in the bin, she turned to me and told me she was a pilot and asked if I would carry a bottle of water through for her (she wasn't in uniform). That's when she pulled what appeared to be a United crew badge. I didn't get a good look at it, though. I told her that I wasn't comfortable with that and the more I thought about it afterwards, I'm guessing that she was probably TSA.

Moreso, though, I just really hope there aren't pilots out there putting their brothers and sisters in that extremely awkward position. I mean we were at the x-ray machine and within earshot of the agents.
cessna172heavy,

Can you let me know where you got this information. I would like to follow up on it for a story I would like to write. Don't worry, I am not mainstream media. I am an airline pilot and it is for a website I am working on. Thanks in advance.
Came from company e-mail
we know you're not mainstream media. The fact that you'd actually research an aviation story and back it up with facts is a dead give away
Quote: cessna172heavy,

Can you let me know where you got this information. I would like to follow up on it for a story I would like to write. Don't worry, I am not mainstream media. I am an airline pilot and it is for a website I am working on. Thanks in advance.

Watch out, this person may be an undercover TSA agent!!!
what if a passenger asks us to take a turkey sandwich through that has LOTS of mustard on it?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to