Caribbean Near Miss(or near hit, however you wanna see it)

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
2 airliners nearly collide over Caribbean - Yahoo! News
I saw this on another news site. Knudson, the NTSB spokesman, was quoted as saying that the pilots took "evasive" action.

How can a .25G manuever with a required 5 second response time be considered evasive?
Quote: I saw this on another news site. Knudson, the NTSB spokesman, was quoted as saying that the pilots took "evasive" action.

How can a .25G manuever with a required 5 second response time be considered evasive?
This is why we have TCAS...nothing to see here. I've had 2 RA's...neither made the news.
Quote: I saw this on another news site. Knudson, the NTSB spokesman, was quoted as saying that the pilots took "evasive" action.

Hey take it easy! They were at least 1 minute within hitting each other! You need Top Gun skills to follow that green arc on the TCAS.

Depends on who you ask lol
Bit blown out of proportion on the reporting side ,but then what else schould one expect.
SLOP.... 'nuff said.
Quote: Hey take it easy! They were at least 1 minute within hitting each other! You need Top Gun skills to follow that green arc on the TCAS.
You guys crack me up ... hahah.
Thanks ALPA for the TCAS!!!!

I wonder how two airplanes at the same altitude ended up being so much closer than 15 minutes separation.
When you get a TCAS RA, you don't think!

You don't have time to think!!!

If you think, your dead!!!
Quote: When you get a TCAS RA, you don't think!

You don't have time to think!!!

If you think, your dead!!!
Dude...

You

Are

DANGEROUS!
SNL -Top Gun 727,-Will Ferrell & Val Kilmer - Truveo Video Search
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to