Shout out to Xjet

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Im a former XJT-er...... April 2000 hire....I left this past Feb. and regret it daily. I have never worked with such a great group of people in my life.....including management!

I wish you guys the best!
Quote: How many did they have to let go for all this lost flying?
Quote: Unfortunately, that's no consolation to the 350 we're putting out on the street.
A total of 314 active pilots are being furloughed on October 1.
Quote: Im a former XJT-er...... April 2000 hire....I left this past Feb. and regret it daily.
Just curious if you don't mind saying, where did you leave to go to?
Quote: A total of 314 active pilots are being furloughed on October 1.
Okay... so I was in the ball park. Is ALPA pursuing any new opportunities for these guys besides Compass and that gig in China?
Nope, nothing. I asked them to look into getting reduced mins at fractionals and they said they'd look into it, but who knows.
When are you all voting on pay cuts? how much are they asking from you?
Quote: Okay... so I was in the ball park. Is ALPA pursuing any new opportunities for these guys besides Compass and that gig in China?
Didn't mean to come down on you just letting people know the actual number. How you doing? Its been a while since our MRY overnight. Did you make the cut?

As for what ALPA is doing, other than Flybe, Compass, and Grand China Express, they are sponsoring Job Fairs. Contact the XJTALPA Furlough Liaison for more details.

Quote: When are you all voting on pay cuts? how much are they asking from you?
They are asking for about 6%. No vote set yet. Still in negotiations.
Quote: Just curious if you don't mind saying, where did you leave to go to?
AAI.........
Quote: Didn't mean to come down on you just letting people know the actual number. How you doing? Its been a while since our MRY overnight. Did you make the cut?
It's all good. I made the cut just fine- G79XX, but a whole slew of my friends were furloughed. Got IAH with about 100 below me. Fortunately I was also awarded a 40 hour line to help reduce the stress of commuting from SFO. It's sad that we'll never get to see that MRY overnight again!

Oh well, hopefully those 314 will all be back at work soon.
No offense, but I think some people at Horizon air in Spokane are a little bit happy. Good luck, enjoyed non-revving on you guys. Only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't stand straight up in the airplanes.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to