SkyWest to invest $30 million in Brazilian airline

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: You'd think being from a pilot group who's about to take paycuts that you wouldn't be talking down to a group from a successful company.
Cause the pilots are obviously directly responsible for that success, just like the pilots are at fault for an airlines hard times?

I mean, really Toiletduck?
Quote: You'd think being from a pilot group who's about to take paycuts that you wouldn't be talking down to a group from a successful company.
Who says XJT is taking paycuts? The company. The pilots will not approve it.
Quote: Cause the pilots are obviously directly responsible for that success, just like the pilots are at fault for an airlines hard times?

I mean, really Toiletduck?
No not really. My point was humility. SAAB jumping on a group for their payrates is like having someone walk out of their trailer house and calling me white trash. This topic was not flamebait it was news and a character attack on a pilot group and their company was made that was unwarranted. How much mud on your face does a person want?
Quote: Why is XJT having to take paycuts again?
Because of bad management decisions. Nothing the pilot group did. Just bad management decisions. You can agree with them all you want but hindsight's 20/20 and it proves they were bad choices.

I find it funny how every single post about SKYW or RAH somehow has to be defended by XJT guys. Tomorrow SKYW could offer a 20% raise and you guys would think it had something to do with you. Come down off the cross already.
Now all we need is some comment about an iPod, hair gel, and a backpack and this thread will be complete.
Quote: Now all we need is some comment about an iPod, hair gel, and a backpack and this thread will be complete.
Let me help....

"Blah blah blah spikey hair gelled, blah blah ipod wearing, blah blah blah backpack toting, blah blah regional pilot."

How's that?
Quote: No not really. My point was humility. SAAB jumping on a group for their payrates is like having someone walk out of their trailer house and calling me white trash. This topic was not flamebait it was news and a character attack on a pilot group and their company was made that was unwarranted. How much mud on your face does a person want?
I agree, nice post TD.

Saab stated that he doesn't post much on APC anymore due to all the flaming & pilot bashing but yet he turns around and does just that.

When it comes right down to it; we all agree that we don’t get paid enough, our QOL sucks, we want better job security and we want our careers to progress whether it be moving up our current company’s ladder or that of a Major’s/National’s/Legacy’s. We are all selfish in one way or another but none of us want to harm anyone.

I wish you all the best but my thoughts and prayers are with those who have either already been “F’d” or are about to be.
As for the $30M being invested..............................that's what? 2.5% of what Inc. has in the bank? No risk no reward.
She's too hot.
Quote: As for the $30M being invested..............................that's what? 2.5% of what Inc. has in the bank? No risk no reward.
Yes, a tiny part of SkyWest, but the maximum (20% I think) allowed by Brazilian law for a foreign company to own.

Don't worry. If it works out, they'll pull a Richard Branson (alter ego offshore company set up within the target country to funnel the money).

Also, it sounds like far more than a straight financial investment. The article I read talked about economies of scale in purchasing power with SkyWest.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to