U.S. Military Call Signs

Subscribe
I stumbled on this web page a moment ago and found it pretty interesting. If you've ever heard a military call sign and wondered where they were from, etc. well here's the list. Do you military guys find this list fairly accurate?

US Military Aircraft Callsigns
just noticed the list was made in 1998 after i posted it...

Anyone know of a newer list?
From the ones that were listed that I know of they were correct although the list is far from complete even for the small number of USMC Hornet squadrons. Only one of my squadrons was listed and they didn't even list the squadron id. Roman - F/A-18A-F (VFA-106)

USMCFLYR
Quote: just noticed the list was made in 1998 after i posted it...

Anyone know of a newer list?
The list is not accurate.
There is a DoD document that is published periodically called the "Voice Call Sign List". I don't know who publishes it, but that's where military orgs get assigned their callsigns.
ARGUS is correct. if you are flying around Germany and here ARGUS32 that is me.

CLUE and GRIT were absorbed by 1-214th Aviation Regiment so they all use DUKE now. All three are ICAO registered call signs. You will probably only hear DUKE in Europe.

AFCENT has stolen GRIT for OEF operations.
Message deleted.
I hate to be "that guy," but some of this stuff might have OPSEC concerns. You know...a little info here, a little info there, etc. Especially for deployed call signs. FWIW.
Quote: I hate to be "that guy," but some of this stuff might have OPSEC concerns. You know...a little info here, a little info there, etc. Especially for deployed call signs. FWIW.
It's too late. You posted it. You are in the club with the skinny, pimply faced, female SrA correcting everyone as they enter the mess hall for not wearing their socks correctly.

Besides as screwed up as that list is it actually serves as disinformation.
Quote: You are in the club with the skinny, pimply faced, female SrA correcting everyone as they enter the mess hall for not wearing their socks correctly.
Usually that guy was a E-6 or above. Sorry, but the skinny, pimply faced chick SrA were usually pretty cool. At least to me. Maybe not to you.