Expected Cost for training

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Also, if you're dead set on going the airline route, you can enroll in a school such as Delta Connection Academy or Pan Am Academy. Both have career pilot programs.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to one of the schools who have large ads in magazines. I got my CFI at Delta Connection, They pull your pants down while they take your money. Local FBO is by far the best way to do it. Try and find a CFI who has no interest in the airlines. Usually an older person that does it as a retirement job.
Remember this as well. Regardless of where you go, make sure you can commit to at least 3 lessons a week. This will allow you to get your ratings with the minimum time requirements and as a result, spending less money.
I don't want to talk about the dollar figure because there are too many variables. (Don't forget to include interest though)

The only way I have found to "save money" on flight training is to study your rear off. I used to buy the books and written test prep and start studing, when I found something I didn't understand I'd write it down. When I got two pages of questions I'd go get a ground.

Also understand that you need the 250 to get your Comm. So don't worry about getting the PPL in the minimums or the IR. Although you should finish close to the mins. if you are studing.

My $.02
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to