What are the benefits jumpseating in or out of uniform

Subscribe
Okay, So what are your thoughts on jumpseating in or out of uniform. I've done both and even though I hate it, jumping in uniform tends to be easier than jumping out of uniform. What are your thoughts?
I tried to jumpseat out of uniform one time and got arrested for public indecency.
Quote: I tried to jumpseat out of uniform one time and got arrested for public indecency.
what's the point of this thread? JS in uniform=receive less hassles and have a shot at the cockpit, JS out of uniform=roll the dice

lock it up
Security is easier in uniform
I pretty much always travel in uniform...

I get to keep my liquids and gells.

I don't have to take my shoes off.

I don't arrive at work only to find that I forgot to pack my uniform pants.

I don't have to carry an extra set of civvies suitable for first class and the cockpit.

My uniform doesn't get wrinkled in my suitcase.

If I want a beer on the way home, I duck in the lav and lose the bling.
All good points. I've never traveled out of my uniform and just curious because afer a 5hr flight to or from Hawaii wearing the monkey suit gets a little tiresome. Especially when I already wear it for 10-15hrs at work already.
Quote: All good points. I've never traveled out of my uniform and just curious because afer a 5hr flight to or from Hawaii wearing the monkey suit gets a little tiresome. Especially when I already wear it for 10-15hrs at work already.
I wore my uniform through security during my trip to and from Hawaii a few months ago... I got to breeze through the employee line, and didnt have to worry about the giant tubes of sunblock/aloe vera gel/etc in my bag. But I changed into regular clothing as soon as I got on the plane. No way I'm sitting on my butt for 7 hours in my uniform!
Yeah just like they said, uniform for security, and getting a seat, after that, do what feels good

chox
I'd say the benefits of jumpseating in uniform is the same as doing anything else in uniform, you look super cool and chicks worship the ground you walk on. I seriously gain about 3/4 of an inch in girth whenever I wear my uniform.