NWA Shareholders Vote Favor Delta

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Northwest shareholders vote in favor of Delta merger - MarketWatch
And the march continues onward.
Looks like the Delta side is also giving the green light.

Delta, Northwest Stockholders Approve Merger to Create Premier Global Airline
This is great news for everyone at Delta and Northwest. Congratulations! I wish we were in your shoes.

I think the success of the new super Delta is going to cause some other carriers to reconsider the case for mergers. Midwest already found out the hard way what happens when they tried to fend off a merger. Hopefully Continental learns from that mistake and makes the smart decision to merge before the new super Delta tears them apart.
I like that... Super Delta... How about Uber Delta. Delta Uber Alles!! Just kidding folks. Sure hope this works.
Quote: Midwest already found out the hard way what happens when they tried to fend off a merger.
... and they used NWA's money to do it.

The irony is, NWA probably saved AirTran.
sarcasm reply
NWA colors look better than DAL ,they schould combine the two colors
Colors? Haha Delta should go back to the Classic paint scheme White with brown dirt highlights… Maybe they could also bring back the 727 and L1011. I guess they will be picking up the Dc9’s? are they going to keep those through the merger, sorry I haven’t been following it that much.
Sure wish they'd get a move on with this merger. I've got these 2 million frequent flier miles with Northwest and I'm growing weary of flying on their DC-9's and A-320's. That's of course assuming that the new airline will accept the NWA miles. If not, I'll donate them to the old freight dog pilot's home.
Quote: This is great news for everyone at Delta and Northwest. Congratulations! I wish we were in your shoes.

I think the success of the new super Delta is going to cause some other carriers to reconsider the case for mergers. Midwest already found out the hard way what happens when they tried to fend off a merger. Hopefully Continental learns from that mistake and makes the smart decision to merge before the new super Delta tears them apart.
And with whom do you suggest it would be 'smart' for CAL to merge with? Carriers need to be profitable before they 'tear' anything apart.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to