ME Add-on

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
When doing a commercial multi-engine add-on, will I be able to log that as PIC, or just dual received? I'm wondering if I will meet the 15 hour requisite PIC to get my MEI, or if I will have to go out on my own. Thanks.
So you're asking "If I'm not rated in the class of aircraft, can I log time in it as PIC?" No.
lol right, you can't log it as PIC until you take the checkride.... unless you already have your multi-private or something.
Yeah sorry for the dumb question, but the school's insurance requires 35 hours of dual ME to get the add-on. So I will have 35 hours of multi with no PIC.
35 hours! are you serious? Go somewhere else.
Yeah I know. It sucks that I will get no PIC out of the deal, but...I picked up the time for 110/hr, which is about 170/hr less than the going rate in my area.
still, non-pic is kind of useless?
110/hr, that's a cheap twin... a C 172 goes for 120 at the school I teach at. What type of twin are you flying?

And no you can't log pic till you have either your ME pvt or ME com.
It's a '79 Seminole. It was an unusual situation, but I bought the time from someone else who didn't need it anymore. Definitely worked in my favor though. Kinda sucks since it is only dual received, but I guess you have to take concessions somewhere.
Ahh, so someone bought a bunch of block time, didn't/can't use it, and sold it to you SUPER cheap. Nice buy! I'd say just enjoy the multi time for so dirt cheap. Maybe get your Pvt multi add-on, it would be an easy ride, then get your com MEL-add done. All possible with 30+ hrs. I've got friends who've done their com me-add in 11-17 hrs.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to