Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
TSA and the five finger discount >

TSA and the five finger discount

Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

TSA and the five finger discount

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: I don't know
Default TSA and the five finger discount

Here is an article about a TSA agent who stole an expensive camera and when he gets caught they find lots more stuff.

TSA agent helped himself to a $47,900 camera (and more!) - Gadling | travel blog | news, stories, deals, and tips. Go there.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: left seat regional

Wow - those TSA agents need to be subject to the same humiliating searches as we are both when arriving and leaving work! Maybe that would inject some common sense into the system and prevent idiots like these from stealing.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: the Curb (again)

Originally Posted by BZNpilot248 View Post
Wow - those TSA agents need to be subject to the same humiliating searches as we are both when arriving and leaving work! Maybe that would inject some common sense into the system and prevent idiots like these from stealing.
The TSA could probably pay for itself and all the upgrades they wanted if they started screening themselves when they leave work!!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM

Joined APC: Dec 2007

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The TSA and its "officers" are trash and should be treated as such.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

So now we're going to start screening the screeners???
Well, who's going to screen them???
What a retarded bureaucracy!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Custom User Title

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Just last night I watched two TSA agents enter the secured aread through the exit (no screening, etc) carrying hand bags and food/beverages. I made a comment under my breath about their liquids as I passed them (I was leaving).

It's their egos and elitism that really gets me. If TSA agents were required to have the same sort of education and quality length of training as military officers or police officers, they would be far more capable and respectable. Unfortunately, that would greatly diminish the pool of candidates.

Though, to the TSA's side, in the early days they did have considerably higher standards for employment, however, they could not get nearly enough qualified applicants under the original standards, mostly due to the pay not being high enough for people with the backgrounds that the TSA desired.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Are we there yet??!!

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by AZFlyer View Post
Just last night I watched two TSA agents enter the secured aread through the exit (no screening, etc) carrying hand bags and food/beverages. I made a comment under my breath about their liquids as I passed them (I was leaving).
I believe there is a new rule out stating that the TSA doesn't get screened.
A load of bollocks if you ask me.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Custom User Title

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Thedude View Post
A load of bollocks if you ask me.
..Agreed..
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: hmmmm.....

The little blue boys do it agen!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: hmmmm.....

I believe they only make about $10 an hr starting out....and they wonder why they keep getting idiots!!. not that long ago I got searched during spring break on my way down to Florida and they opened my bag and the moron started questioning me why I had aviation textbooks in my bag. I told him I was a flight student, so I pulled my license out of my wallet and showed him and he said, "Where did you get that?" I replied "from the FAA" he looked at me puzzled as I zipped up my bag and walked away; I think he was 90% brain dead.