Commuter Special

Subscribe
From the St Paul paper:

>>One change customers might have noticed even before the merger: crowded flights between the Twin Cities and Atlanta. The airline is considering adding an employee shuttle flight between the two cities, or possibly putting larger planes on the route. So many managers and employees have been traveling back and forth as they work to integrate the two airlines that it's been a little difficult to get seats, employees said. <<
Ha!!
NWA better add flights...right now we have 5 a day between msp-atl
2 Dc-9's
2 a319's
1 CRJ

With all of the crew members/HQ folks(that might get jobs in ATL) NWA SOC/Dispatchers and others..I have a feeling not everyone who's job is moving to ATL will move right away.
Quote: NWA better add flights...right now we have 5 a day between msp-atl
2 Dc-9's
2 a319's
1 CRJ

With all of the crew members/HQ folks(that might get jobs in ATL) NWA SOC/Dispatchers and others..I have a feeling not everyone who's job is moving to ATL will move right away.
I predict DAL will add a 767 or two from ATL-MSP-ATL. BAstian is now CEO of NWA and I am betting he commutes. This is all speculation though based on when DAL added a 767 non-stop from SEA-ATL for Grinstein to commute.

Can't have a CEO commuting on a narrow body...
Quote:
Can't have a CEO commuting on a narrow body...
....and PAYING for his Wi-Fi!! The NERVE.

Sidenote..we should get passwords for free wi-fi on our planes.
There should be an employee / non rev shuttle between DTW and MSP.
Quote: ....and PAYING for his Wi-Fi!! The NERVE.

Sidenote..we should get passwords for free wi-fi on our planes.
Well, doesn't the contract say something about the company using their "best efforts" to secure internet on our layovers? This is the loophole.
We have a little internet connection spreadsheet on the DALPA board with info about each overnights connectivity and passwords. I have no doubt the inflight information will show up there, if it has not already.

It is a good tool, since some of the hotels make it expensive, or time consuming. Knowing where the coffee shops are with hotspots is useful info.

Makes me wonder when ALPA's going to merge the web boards. We are post DCC.