Daily contract rate for new G-IV SIC?

Subscribe
OK, guys, I need some advice. I just got my G-IV Type Rating and I am going to try to find some occasional Part 91 contract SIC gigs. But here's the thing: I have no jet time. I do have about 10,000 TT, 3500 MEL, 2000 Turbo-prop, and a bunch of turbine helo time, and 30+ years of flying experience. What I'd like to get some opinions on is....... how much is a reasonable daily rate for me to charge as a new contract G-IV SIC ? (I am in the SoCal area.) I will not be a low-ball scab type, not going to work for free; I just want to charge a fair rate, and not be over-priced or under-priced. I got a figure from one guy in the insdustry that I respect, but he also urged me to "ask around" ......... so that is what I am doing. Your input will be appreciated.
Just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is this a PIC type rating or an SIC type rating?

Joe
Quote: OK, guys, I need some advice. I just got my G-IV Type Rating and I am going to try to find some occasional Part 91 contract SIC gigs. But here's the thing: I have no jet time. I do have about 10,000 TT, 3500 MEL, 2000 Turbo-prop, and a bunch of turbine helo time, and 30+ years of flying experience. What I'd like to get some opinions on is....... how much is a reasonable daily rate for me to charge as a new contract G-IV SIC ? (I am in the SoCal area.) I will not be a low-ball scab type, not going to work for free; I just want to charge a fair rate, and not be over-priced or under-priced. I got a figure from one guy in the insdustry that I respect, but he also urged me to "ask around" ......... so that is what I am doing. Your input will be appreciated.
$1500 per day.
Quote: Just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is this a PIC type rating or an SIC type rating? Joe

It's a G-IV PIC Type Rating, not an SIC Type. And I know that qualified G-IV Captains often get the $1500/day someone posted, but I'm not anywhere near Captain qualified, since the ink is still wet on my Type and I have no jet time! I know I need to get a substantial amount of SIC time under my belt, so that's why I asked what a reasonable daily rate was in my situation.
I understand you live in the SOCAL area, however....there is a part 135 operator (can't recall the name) in the Nashville, TN area who seems to always be looking for pilots. Probably an indicator that it's a crummy job, but it is worth a phone call or two.
best of luck,
chuck