FDX - Future block rep elections

Subscribe
OK folks in the near future many of us will have the opportunity to elect new block reps (3, 6, 11. Apologies if I gooned the numbers, but you get the idea). Like all elections these can completely reshape our MEC and ultimately determine who sits in the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Sec/Treas positions.

Members with the opportunity to vote need to ask themselves what type of individual would best represent their blocks and are they happy with the way our union is being managed.

If you think new blood is needed on the MEC, what are the big qualifiers? Disqualifiers?
Prior experience working on union committees: qualify...or...disqualify
Prior experience on the MEC: qualify...or...disqualify
Prior experience in flt management: qualify...or...disqualify
Candidates views on retaining current Chairman, Vice-Chair, Sec/Treas: qualify...or...disqualify

Time to talk it up, shake the bushes and let's see what/who falls out!
Gooch,

I don't know which block you are in, but non of the reps in blocks 3, 6, or 11 are running for re-election. Two of the reps have moved to other blocks, and the rep from block 11 has decided not to run again.
Quote: Gooch,

I don't know which block you are in, but non of the reps in blocks 3, 6, or 11 are running for re-election. Two of the reps have moved to other blocks, and the rep from block 11 has decided not to run again.
Thanks pinseeker, my goof. However the second half still applies. What are we as a membership looking for in our block reps? From where I stand, many if not all the present reps have fallen under the spell of MEC group-think, many have started communicating to us in "Clinton-speak" and some believe the truth will harm us, so we only get half of it. After all it's for our own good, right? Yeahhh!

I expect more from some and based on past experience, less from others.

Concerning the latest dustup over the NC departure, I hope the present group will gather up the facts and deliver it to the members they're supposed to represent.

OR get outa' th' way so someone else can do the job.