Hiring to increase for '09

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Howdy folks!

It is of my opinion that hiring will begin to pick up a stable pace in 2009. Maybe not a "boom" of yesteryear, but a nice pace that may include the hardworking CFI's and commercial pilots who are sticking it out. Look at all the regionals that claim hiring to resume in 2009. As a new year approaches, I wish everyone the best of luck, and remind us all to give thanks for what we have!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We can only hope!
Thanks for actually being encouraging
Quote: Howdy folks!

It is of my opinion that hiring will begin to pick up a stable pace in 2009. Maybe not a "boom" of yesteryear, but a nice pace that may include the hardworking CFI's and commercial pilots who are sticking it out. Look at all the regionals that claim hiring to resume in 2009. As a new year approaches, I wish everyone the best of luck, and remind us all to give thanks for what we have!
Thanks for the encouragement. Which airlines expect to hire early in 2009? I currently have just over 1000 tt with 250 multi and over 900 PIC. I expect about 1200 tt w 400 multi and 1100 PIC by the end of this year. Would I have a shot at a decent carrier, or are there too many furloughed 121 guys?
well since almost no airlines are hiring right now, your not making a huge statement by saying that hiring will pick up.
I guess since we're at a net loss for the year industry-wide it can only get better...right?

I do like the glass-half-full attitude though. I'm trying to keep that about getting my job back.
Delta Air Lines is about to take the axe to a bunch of 50 seat jets.

I like to be optimistic but I don't know if we're there yet. 2010 maybe.
Mesaba is hiring in full swing through the spring. Beyond that is to be determined.
Ask the DHL and MidEx pilots how its looking.

I think the few regional jobs that will be hiring will be asking for the flight times at or above what it was in 2002/3 (1500+ TT and 300+ ME).
Quote: Delta Air Lines is about to take the axe to a bunch of 50 seat jets.

I like to be optimistic but I don't know if we're there yet. 2010 maybe.
Mesa Airlines will be getting the sharp end of this axe.
Ummm....try COMAIR.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to