PDT DHC-8-300 Emergency Landing in PHL this Morning

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
It looks like flight 4551 landed nose gear up. No injuries reported thankfully.

Emergency landing at Philadelphia International; no injuries | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/16/2008

Not a bad news article, but no details yet. That's the only article I've found. If anyone else finds something with some more information, feel free to add it on.
thats why there are 2:55 min delays going into philly today
And PHL sucks even on a good day...
I just heard it was a 300 (HDF).
Capt. is a good friend of mine. I was his private/inst instructor. He called me this morning after it happened. Nose gear would not come down and alt. extension also failed. Foamed runway, uneventful landing.

The thanks he gets is he has to blow in the tube and pi$$ in a bottle.....still going through all that hassle 3 hrs after incident.
Now they will say "no single-engine taxi on the 300s". Mark my words.
http://archive-server.liveatc.net/kp...2008-1400Z.mp3

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/kp...2008-1400Z.mp3

I think that is the archive for the tower when it all went down.
Quote: Capt. is a good friend of mine. I was his private/inst instructor.
Where did you instruct at?
I know the Capt and FO well also. They're both very good pilots. I'm sure the paperwork and junk will take way longer than it should, but I'm just glad everyone's safe. Hope they can repair the airframe....I love flying the -300s.

And I'd say you'll be right about single engine taxiing the 300s, and they'll probably hit the -100s too. I heard they're spending a lot of money changing nose tires that are worn unevenly, since they have to be changed as a pair now.
Quote: Where did you instruct at?
I did it for him for free. We grew up together. I was working at Express Airlines I(now Pinnacle). I did all of his private. I didn't do much of his instrument, only a few hours of flt. time, but I did lots of bookwork with him. He was part owner in a 150. I think I made him bring me beer as I was under 21
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to