135 Jumpseating

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Are there any airlines left that let 135 pilots jump seat who are not in the CASS still who don't have an agreement? ATA always let us jumpseat too! Those guys were great. Always happy and always ready to lend a helping hand. I miss them.
I have let a Citation Shares, and a Flex Jet Pilot on my JS (not in the actual JS though). I just called our Chief and okayed it with them both times, there were no problems. There is nothing specifically stated officially though with us. I work for Expressjet. The problems would be that most Captains might not call the cheifs to get permission, not because they dont want to give you a ride, but because you are not on our JS list and you are 135. We can take any 121 pilot we want.

Clear as mud? It's kinda a long shot, but it can happen.

X
Quote: Are there any airlines left that let 135 pilots jump seat who are not in the CASS still who don't have an agreement?
Im not sure on this but I think SWA and USA3000 will let you ride it the back, you just gotta make it through security
I was at the gate this morning to see if I could get out of PDX but the ticket agent said if we did not have a jumpseat agreement we were not allowed. It did not help that I was not in CASS either but I have jumpseated with SWA before...I guess its just luck of the draw.........
Who do you work for?
I am 135 and have been allowed on airtran and jetblue, we don't have agreements with them. It's all luck, it depends on the mood of the ticket agents and the captains i guess. Jetblue has always been friendly though..
Thanks so much for the heads up....will go give thema try so I can be home for the holidays....

Cheers
Quote: I was at the gate this morning to see if I could get out of PDX but the ticket agent said if we did not have a jumpseat agreement we were not allowed. It did not help that I was not in CASS either but I have jumpseated with SWA before...I guess its just luck of the draw.........
If you made it to the gate, try this next time. Doesn't guarantee you'll get the seat, but it's worth a shot. Ask (politely) to talk to the CA. If he says no, at least you exhausted every means available to you at that time. Sometimes, even for 121 guys, getting past a gate agent EVEN with CASS and a reciprocal agreement can be more work than it should.

Granted the JS is a privilege that we are all grateful for, sometimes it shouldn't be so hard to talk to the CA to get a ride on HIS jumpseat.
While it all depended on the mood of the CSA and Captain at SWA, you will find it to be much harder if not impossible to jumpseat if you do not have an agreement with us. Reason? We have switched to a new computer system called CS2. The old jumpseat forms are no longer used and the only way to issue a jumpseat pass, is by inputting your info into CS2. It will only issue either a "Cabin Only" or "Flightdeck Jumpseat" boarding card to the carriers that have agreements with us that are in the computer. If you do not have an agreement with us, there is no way to override the system to print out a boarding card if you do not have an agreement.

However, not all the stations are using CS2. Last I heard, we are using it in 58 of our citys. No harm in trying, but it will get much harder.

Sorry
[quote=Ozpilot414;505770]I was at the gate this morning to see if I could get out of PDX but the ticket agent said if we did not have a jumpseat agreement we were not allowed. It did not help that I was not in CASS either but I have jumpseated with SWA before...I guess its just luck of the draw.........[/quote

You've got to go through secruity (this means you must have AOA badges) and get to the gate. We've given rides to many 135 guys/gals that arent in CASS. If you checkin at the ticket counter your dead in the water. You gotta get to the gate (oh calling ahead of time and listing is always a good idea). GL
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to