Sim Instructor Pay

Subscribe
How much does a simulator instructor make teaching a Boeing A/C?
What is the work schedule like?

Thanks
I am not a Boeing Sim Instructor, but I have known people that worked for places like Flight Safety International, SimCom, CAE SimuFlite, PanAm, etc. They enjoyed their jobs, and sometimes were offered flying jobs by those that they trained!
Perhaps you might get a response if you asked about a specific company? Are you are talking about being a Boeing Sim Instructor for a specific airline, or for a training company?
Depends on the company you work for. CAE and Alteon (sp?) are slightly different, as are Airbus and FSI.

I worked for FSI for a while in the Gulfstream program. Starting pay was $70K salary and the people and place (SAV) were great. OTOH, the schedule was not what an airline guy would be used to. When they interviewed me they said not to worry about the schedule as I would be there every day. Dangit, they were right! I talked with the Airbus guys in MIA a while back and they made a similar salary but had a better schedule with most weekends off.

Sorry, I don't know much about CAE and Alteon...

Good luck. It ain't like flying the line. There is an interesting time shift between the front two seats and the back seat in a sim. Time flies up front, crawls real slow in back. Especially after you've been on duty for 9 days straight...
Was offered a job as a Boeing sim IP (not Alteon) in SEA about 8 months ago. Declined for various reasons, but seemed like a pretty decent gig. Starting pay was about $85K.
Thanks for the info. i am looking specifically at Alteon/Boeing (same company now) and Premair.
Mink, can you post or pm me some info on your interview.
85k seems like a pretty good deal.
PM sent......
I worked for Alteon part time until January 1, 2003. The pay was $45/hour. Eight hours pay for a sim session so that worked out to $360/sim session. The full time guys were around $7000/month.

The last I heard was this (one year ago):

Quote:
You're right about the pay as it is below industry standards and they realize this is a problem. I hear that they will raise it to around 475 a day for domestic and 600 for intl locations. The full time number is 90K with all the Boeing bennies.
Not sure if that happened or not.

CAE is paying closer to $600 or $650/day for international locations.

My brother worked a contract that paid close to $17,000/month on the B777. That was a rare gem in the sim contract business. He still owes me the commission for getting him that job

Alteon/Boeing was really ramping up for the B787 launch so they hired a bunch of guys and put them through training on the B777. I'm pretty sure they're all sitting around twiddling their thumbs right now. Things should pick up in 2010 when the airplane finally comes out.

Typhoonpilot
Is your brother still with us? He did 1 of my sim session....

Iluvetops
Quote: Things should pick up in 2010 when the airplane finally comes out.
Typhoonpilot
WSJ says 787 in 2011 now...?
Quote: Is your brother still with us? He did 1 of my sim session....

Iluvetops

The contract ceased in Feb/March. Two of them are with Alteon now.

TP