AIr India 737NG Pilots

Subscribe
Anyone have experience or any comments on a contract with Air India through Next Generation Aviation Recruiters. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
There was a long thread about this a few months ago.
I don't know anything personally, but it did seem shady from what people were posting/saying.

Just do a lot of research before you invest in any program, and talk with someone who has recently been through it just to be safe.
There's a lot of scumbags in this industry.

Good Luck
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/fo...-aviation.html

Here it is.
i thought india kicked out all the expat 737 drivers. maybe i heard wrong though.
Yup. You heard wrong.
They kicked out the FOs...not the skippers...at least that's what all of my sources in range tell me...
Despite a lot of saber-rattling by DGCA and one Indian pilot association, the only negative thing I've seen is that it's harder to get a work visa and to renew it from outside the country. Normal attrition* is whittling down the number of pilots, but (at least at my outfit) nobody's being cashiered. I can't speak for expat f/o's, but there were only a handful in country to begin with, and none where I work.

I still see agencies advertising for India, and I assume these jobs are with government-subsidized operators (e. g., Air India). These jobs have substandard terms compared to other Indian / Asian carriers, at least from what I can tell.

* What constitutes normal attrition at foreign carriers is beyond the scope of this thread.
good to hear. i know of some trying to go there.
Quote:
good to hear. I know of some trying to go there.
I didn't make myself clear enough - my fault.

Quote:
the only negative thing I've seen is that it's harder to get a work visa and to renew it from outside the country
Some people have been waiting MONTHS for something that can be done in less than a week. Deliberate slowdown. This MAY not apply to Air India, Express, etc. - I just don't know.
The thread is long and tedious. Just know this... I have no reason to lie and my words are true. Next Gen has every reason to lie, because their reputation is their bread and butter. I am telling you that they lie and tell you what you want to hear, regardless of the truth. Also, he lied to all of you on this thread, when he said that he repaid my travel expenses. I never saw any of the money that I spent to travel to the interview. Who are you going to believe? If you want to fly for Air India, just use a different Crew Leasing Company, there are plenty of them.