1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Everybody I have flown with at an airline has at least one of the following:

1) 4 year degree
2) Military experience
3)15-20 years of job experience prior to applying
Degree
Quote: Everybody I have flown with at an airline has at least one of the following:

1) 4 year degree
2) Military experience
3)15-20 years of job experience prior to applying
It is best to have all three.

Skyhigh
How would havin 10 years experince in a different field stack up to a degree, on a rating of 1-10? Spent 10 with the same company (Chrysler Corp.) and achieved many certifications through them. I know it's not a degree, but it's gotta be woth something, right?
Quote: How would havin 10 years experince in a different field stack up to a degree, on a rating of 1-10? Spent 10 with the same company (Chrysler Corp.) and achieved many certifications through them. I know it's not a degree, but it's gotta be woth something, right?
Many aviation employers (most airlines) tend not to care about non-aviation work experience. It will not count as a degree, if required or desired.

It might help at a regional if they are growing and expect fast upgrades...you are old enough to upgrade and are more mature than the average 20 yo.
Quote: Many aviation employers (most airlines) tend not to care about non-aviation work experience. It will not count as a degree, if required or desired.

It might help at a regional if they are growing and expect fast upgrades...you are old enough to upgrade and are more mature than the average 20 yo.
No thanks on the regional. I'd rather go back to wrenching. My plans are for either a 135 cargo op, or Corporate/Charter.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to