Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Horizon Air
Horizon adds "flood" flights >

Horizon adds "flood" flights

Notices
Horizon Air Regional Airline

Horizon adds "flood" flights

Old 01-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172
Default Horizon adds "flood" flights

As you may have heard, a stretch of I-5 south of Olympia is closed because it's flooded and it will probably remain closed for a few more days. This has negatively impacted commerce. Personally, it has also meant that my husband was one of the last people the State Patrol allowed to go south on Wednesday before closing the interstate. And now he has no way of coming back home.

Horizon announced that it is adding extra flights between Seattle and Portland with a discounted one-way fare of $119. It will be using a 70-seat plane.

That's really nice of Horizon to pitch in. The fare, however, is still a bit steep. SeaPort offers Portland to BFI for $149. I'm asking the Air Group to lower this fare in the spirit of a "good neighbor" and "corporate citizen."
Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CA

pictures of the flood..

Flooding in western Washington - Washington flooding - Los Angeles Times

I think $119 is fair enough. However, i don't get how they come up with these crack-head figures, why not just make it an even $120. $119 sound like what a crack-head in newark would ask for.....

I've had a crack-head in Newark ask me for .37cents before.... I thought that was the most amazing bum request I've ever heard...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

What is the air group? and how do you petition them to lower fares?

37 cents.. two possible reasons:
1. They want you to look for the change in your bag/car so that when you're busy digging to find 37 exact cents, they hit you over the head and take your kidneys.
2. You may not have 37 cents, but you may have a 50 cents, or a dollar... they'll gladly take that...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: CA

Air Group ie Alaska Air Group, also know as Error Group. Alaska Air Group owns Alaska Air and Horizontal Air..
Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Horizon lowered its fair $30 bucks to $119 oneway to help people out, but still didn't match Seaport at $99 and no $@#!ing TSA! Why not just match your competitors fair?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:16 AM
First Rule of Fight Club

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: My seat smells like cat pee

Good way to utilize those CRJ-700s on those 22 minute flights right? Im sure they are raking in the cash.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EmbraerFlyer View Post
I've had a crack-head in Newark ask me for .37cents before....
I had a lady come running at me in Seattle asking me for change for a subway ticket to get home. I declined, but as I was walking away, it occurred to me that Seattle doesn't have a subway!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: 737 Right

Originally Posted by CA1900 View Post
I had a lady come running at me in Seattle asking me for change for a subway ticket to get home. I declined, but as I was walking away, it occurred to me that Seattle doesn't have a subway!
Most folks in Seattle refer to it as "The Tunnel." (And at 1.5 miles long, it's entirely within the free ride area.)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by EmbraerFlyer View Post
I've had a crack-head in Newark ask me for .37cents before.... I thought that was the most amazing bum request I've ever heard...
Maybe he wanted to buy a stamp, if it was in 2005
Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FO

I wonder how many flights they were able to add. I was recently furloughed and wondering what they are going to do because they were already short on F.O.'s. Well, just found out they are going to train a bunch of captains to be right seat qualified so they can use them as F.O's or captains. Obviously, they can't afford to pay me $32 to sit in the right seat but instead pay someone $84 an hour! As they would say, I guess I don't have the big picture.

Another shining example of the Error group in this story, capitalize on the weary and call it good will.