Mesaba Saab engine failure on fri

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Anyone have any more details on this?
Emergency Landing At Hibbing-Chisholm Airport | Northland's NewsCenter NBC 6, CBS 3, My 9, and Northland CW for Duluth MN / Superior WI | Local News
There have been 3 Saab engine failures the last two days. Two on Thursday and one yesterday. Looks like they were all compressor stalls from the extreme cold weather....
Must be the reason for the latest memo about ECS on takeoff's
That'd be my guess....... Saving the engines procedures sometimes are actually detrimental to keeping the engines running depending on the weather....... Course I am surprised that this is the first time the weather has been this cold in the last what 14 years.... but then again it's probably the same engine cores so........
sorry, a wee bit bitter about things tonight........
You guys from the midwest are funny, you all complained about how freakishly cold it was last year! Maybe it's always this cold, every year.
What is your cold weather ECS procedure?New and old.
Quote: You guys from the midwest are funny, you all complained about how freakishly cold it was last year! Maybe it's always this cold, every year.
Incorrect.
Quote: There have been 3 Saab engine failures the last two days. Two on Thursday and one yesterday. Looks like they were all compressor stalls from the extreme cold weather....
Three in two days? I smell an AD coming.
According to recent memos it sounds like they may have been compressor stalls but the crews may have thought they were engine failures and shut the engine down.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to