FAA Color Vision Standards to change yet again within next 180 days

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
SI is "special issuance". You don't need one. You passed the Ishihara. It's supposed to be taken in bright, non-florescent conditions. Your worries are over. Congratulations.
Quote: SI is "special issuance". You don't need one. You passed the Ishihara. It's supposed to be taken in bright, non-florescent conditions. Your worries are over. Congratulations.
passed according to the FAA that is And it was hard to see the numbers for me, altho I was able to pick them out... barely on some... At least I know for sure I'm not a dichromat tho... and I can see all colors in a rainbow with no issue at all.
Quote: Your worries are over.
Until you switch AMEs and have to struggle with it again.
I currently have a "SODA" for color vision. Will this be grandfathered in or will I have to go through the whole process all over again????
Quote: I currently have a "SODA" for color vision. Will this be grandfathered in or will I have to go through the whole process all over again????
What class of physical did you have when you got your SODA?
If it was 1st class then you are good to go.
If it was 3rd class for instance - then it will not grandfather if you wanted to upgrade your medical.
I am in this category myself and this is what the FAA medical people in OKC told me.

USMCFLYR
Thanks for the info USMCFLYR. My "SODA" was issued for a 1st class.

Niteav8tor
Quote: Thanks for the info USMCFLYR. My "SODA" was issued for a 1st class.

Niteav8tor
LUCKY DAWG!

USMCFLYR
Quote: What class of physical did you have when you got your SODA?
If it was 1st class then you are good to go.
If it was 3rd class for instance - then it will not grandfather if you wanted to upgrade your medical.
I am in this category myself and this is what the FAA medical people in OKC told me.

USMCFLYR
Everyone knows first class color vision is far superior to third class color vision.
Quote: Everyone knows first class color vision is far superior to third class color vision.
OOOOHHHHH watch it! You must be trying to get me riled up!
I haven't figured this one either. Hey medical type people.......can someone GO color blind? i mean why do I have to pass a FALANT test every year for my color vision. Is it possible that one year I'm NOT going to be able to tell RED from GREEN.
Now somebody PLEASE tell me if I got those colors wrong (people with known good color vision that is)!

USMCFLYR
Quote: OOOOHHHHH watch it! You must be trying to get me riled up!
I haven't figured this one either. Hey medical type people.......can someone GO color blind? i mean why do I have to pass a FALANT test every year for my color vision. Is it possible that one year I'm NOT going to be able to tell RED from GREEN.
Now somebody PLEASE tell me if I got those colors wrong (people with known good color vision that is)!

USMCFLYR
You can experience degraded color vision due to drugs/medication, some diseases, or just plain getting old. I think it is uncommon.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to