Regional Regional Airlines

Things be changin at Pinchaknickle

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Zee Airboos
Default Things be changin at Pinchaknickle

From the company website, all base managers, assistant base managers and admin clerks have been fired and are being forced to re-apply for their jobs. Looks like everyone has to share in the pain, not just front line employees and pilots.

Looks like PT, CS, FF and DS are trying to polish the turd to make it look better for big D. If they really wanted to impress big D, they would take pay cuts too.

The swirl continues........
Old 01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

But do the top ranks still write out "Simply The Best" in hopes one day it will come true?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
From the company website, all base managers, assistant base managers and admin clerks have been fired and are being forced to re-apply for their jobs. Looks like everyone has to share in the pain, not just front line employees and pilots.

Looks like PT, CS, FF and DS are trying to polish the turd to make it look better for big D. If they really wanted to impress big D, they would take pay cuts too.

Where at on the 9E website 'coz I ain't seeing it. From what it shows on the mainpage, here is what is says:

"All of you know, the country and our industry are facing extremely difficult economic conditions. We have said before that we have to manage our costs, but the economy, the industry, and items unique to Pinnacle have combined to make the next 18 months a pivotal time for us, and here’s why. Reductions in airline capacity because of the merger, the loss of some ground handling services that we provide (not because of our ability to perform), and shrinking profits are the most obvious items. In addition, Pinnacle has significant debt obligations on the horizon that must be repaid. Remember that regardless of economic conditions, safety cannot be compromised and our survival depends on excellent operational
performance.

As we manage our costs, we are taking the following steps to minimize impact on our People:

• Executive and Senior Management (Pinnacle Inc. and Corp. Directors and above) pay freeze.
• Suspending the 401(k) company matches for 2009. We hope to reinstate the match in 2010,
depending on business and U.S. economic conditions.
• Hiring freeze in certain departments.
• Voluntary Leaves of Absence (LOAs), both short and long-term.
• Suspension and postponement of certain projects that were in the 2009 plan.
• Budget review to cut costs significantly, including minimizing travel expenses.

There will be reductions in the workforce and budgets that will, to some degree, impact all areas of the Airline. That means some of our People will be furloughed or their duties consolidated. We think that this will affect approximately 50 of our People at various locations throughout the system. Anyone affected by a furlough is still eligible to bid on other positions within Pinnacle Airlines and is subject to recall. Anyone whose position is eliminated is encouraged to apply for other positions within the company, but would not be subject to recall rights.

The regional model has changed. The old way was for the mainline carrier to buy the aircraft and tell us where to fly them. The new way is that we can have the business if we buy the aircraft, so we must have the ability to raise capital and investor confidence. We will continue to aggressively bid for ground handling business and additional flying.

Detailed communications will follow over the next few days from the Vice President of your respective areas. I don’t have to tell you that I hate to write a note like this, but it is the reality of our business and the present economy. We will continue to review our strategy and operating plans and keep you updated."
Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: PIC Challenger 605

I had just heard about this tonight and was going to ask if anyone else had heard anything. It is a shame if its true. I actually thought the base managers (I am based in DTW) were easy to work with.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Go to the main page, then careers, flight operations, then look at all 4 bases. Here is ATL for example.

Pinnacle Airlines, Inc. | Careers
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Why would they fire these people just to open the same positions back up system wide? ....unless they aren't planning on actually filling those positions again.

I smell the merger speculators coming.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

My guess is they are going to fire and then see who wants to come back to work for a large pay cut.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

My guess is they are going to fire and then see who wants to come back to work for a large pay cut.
I don't know. Why wouldn't they of just given them a paycut if that was their motive. These folks don't work under any contract do they?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Assistant Greens Keeper

yep...

But if they fired them... under what grounds?

I smell some lawsuits...

And who would want to return to a company that just fired people for no reason at all?

Just my 2 cents... which is worth less then that.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by PCLCREW View Post
yep...

But if they fired them... under what grounds?

I smell some lawsuits...

And who would want to return to a company that just fired people for no reason at all?

Just my 2 cents... which is worth less then that.
Unless you are under contract, employment is "at will" in most states and you can be fired for no reason. Just like if you were on probation.