Upcoming Colgan Interview

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I received a call today from Cathy and Chuck, Jr. They are having an interview session this friday at La Guardia. I got a brief phone interview consisting of tell me about yourself, any questions about colgan, and describe fuel system on the King Air (or your current ME aircraft). They offered me a chance to interview in person, but I think I am gonna decline their offer. (I said that would have to get back to them)

It is just too hard for me to leave my current cushy job. I dont want to take the big pay cut and lose all my toys (car and motorcycle). I think I'll hold out for Republic, XJT, ASA, SkyWest, et cetera... I'm not in a hurry; simply enjoying my awesome QOL .

But I digress, the main point of this thread was to simply alert pilots of an upcoming Colgan Air interview session. Think about the questions I listed above and have something somewhat ready to say. I was rather unprepared, actually suprised is more like it. My answers during the phone screening weren't stellar, so do not feel that you have to be "super pilot" during this phase of the interview process.

Good luck!
Chuck and Cathy are very nice people. When I interviewed I had alot fun, Flight safety was pretty cool, though LGA is the craziest place I have ever been to. Good luck to all
Quote: .....They offered me a chance to interview in person, but I think I am gonna decline their offer. (I said that would have to get back to them)
You should go ahead and interview, even though you might have no intention taking the job. Real interview experience is invaluable. It can only help you feel more comfortable, have an idea of what to expect, and give you confidence when the time comes to interview for that job you DO want.

So again, my advice would be to interview for the sh!ts and giggles and to gain some interview experience.

TIFWIW
Quote: You should go ahead and interview, even though you might have no intention taking the job. Real interview experience is invaluable. It can only help you feel more comfortable, have an idea of what to expect, and give you confidence when the time comes to interview for that job you DO want.

So again, my advice would be to interview for the sh!ts and giggles and to gain some interview experience.

TIFWIW
Good advice, I may do that if I can get a hard day off from my current employer.
go there and tell them to stop posting ads looking for pilots with x amount of time when they really want people with 2x.

just kidding i already did that and they stopped
Current mins are 600-100 per airlineapps.com.

I have 770-180 with 100 hrs in a King Air.
When I went to interview, I had a lot of fun. I didn't get hired, but it was still a good experience. I don't know what your career goals are or how long you've been flying that King Air, but if you want to move on to something else, you'll have to put in a lot more than 100 hours. It is something I've realized on more than one occasion. Good luck in your decision. I believe Colgan would be a great opportunity.
Am I understanding this correctly? Even though Colgan is asking for 1000 TT and 100 ME, they will hire me on with 600 & 100?

What is everyone's take on this company's stability? I mean, I know my guess is just as good as yours, but some other points of views are nice. I am wondering with the gas prices rising like they are, how likely is it to get hired one day and furloughed a few days later?
Quote: Am I understanding this correctly? Even though Colgan is asking for 1000 TT and 100 ME, they will hire me on with 600 & 100?

What is everyone's take on this company's stability? I mean, I know my guess is just as good as yours, but some other points of views are nice. I am wondering with the gas prices rising like they are, how likely is it to get hired one day and furloughed a few days later?

When I interviewed, Chuck Colgan Jr. said, "There's no such thing as a furloughed Colgan pilot." I think they have a solid market. They fly EAS routes, which guarantees them success on those routes. Outside of those routes, the rest of their structure is as vulnerable as anyone elses. One leg up they have on everyone else is that they fly the more economical turboprops where many others went to jets. I think they have a niche, and if you can get hired there, you'll have job security more than many other airline pilots. Can you get hired with 600TT and 100ME? Sure. There were guys there who had those times. One thing though, hiring is at a trickle, which means they can be pickier. They don't have to hire everyone with a Commercial ME and a pulse. Go ahead and apply. If you get the interview, you have the same shot to get hired as anyone else. Good luck.
When I interviewed, Mr Colgan said they only furloughed once briefly after 9/11. They called people back fairly quickly. Thats once in the entire companies history.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to