UPS to cancel A-380 order

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
simbays
Latest news from SVT last week is that there will be no 380 sim....they said they could get sim time from memphis(?????) or another source for training...this leads me to believe the 380 is on its way to being disowned...performance degradation most likely being the reason...

JMO

Pilot7576
Keep in mind that browntail didn't say it was Possible, he said it was going to happen, period. End of story. I have a feeling he's gonna end up with egg on his face.
Quote: What's up with IPA volunteers now demanding to be paid as consultants? One wants a $2500/month consulting fee! The EB agreed!
whose paying, us or the company? What the hell, we pay that guy in DC 15,000 a month.
Union paying.
To Browntail
Who are the respected manager pilots at UPS?
Quote: Who are the respected manager pilots at UPS?

Since you said you work for FedEx, it's pointless to name them.

Originally Posted by EIGHTMENOUT1
You got it right! I am a Fedex pilot. I will always speak what is on my mind. I am also a loyal ALPA member.
who are you browntail and pilot7576?
you sound like you live in louisville, are you in the Sim building?
380?
Thakindasux...

No, I don't live in SDF, my parents were married and weren't brother and sister<BSEG>. I have always commuted and have never worked in the training ctr/sim building or anything resembling the same.

I passed on what was discussed in SVT that there would be no 380 sim. That combined with Carrons being placed in charge of the 380 program leads me to believe that it isn't going to happen.

Hope this clears up any confusion <g>

JMO

Pilot7576
I was apparently mistaken with the story of UPS cancelling the A380 order. I've just confirmed with a good source in MX mgt that UPS is going to convert the 10 A380 options to firm orders! For a total of 20. Also the four new sim bays will be occupied by a new MD11 sim, 747-400 sim, one unoccupied for now and one for a to be determined new medium-large freighter. The candidates are the 777F, A330/A350F and 787F. Also Boeing sales reps are to be in SDF tomorrow for a sales pitch. The same MX source said that ulitmately UPS will have around 25-30 747-400Fs. Some of which could be new 747-8Fs. UPS announced today that they purchased four more MD11s from Thai.
I for one was not surprised you were so wrong.

Thanks for the new rumor seeds.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to