Private License, Solo Age??

Subscribe
Hello everyone,

I turned fourteen in October, and am going for a Cat1 Medical, March 6th, with Dr. Brendan Adams. But, I was just wondering, I am going for my private, and the my commercial, but since I'm so young, for the solo part how old do you have to be?? Like, you need 12 or so solo hours to get your license, any idea on what age you have to be to fly your first solo? I have heard maybe 15, but I'm not sure. Thanks a lot for anyone that can answer!

Carter
Oh and also, this is in Calgary, AB.
FAR 61.83: "To be eligible for a student pilot certificate, an applicant must: (a) Be at least 16 years of age for OTHER than the operation of a glider or balloon. (b) Be at least 14 years of age for the operation of a glider or balloon. (c) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language....."

So on the basis of the above FAR, you're almost old enough to be a student pilot. I know the feeling of wanting to start flying when at a young age....but turn lemons into lemonade....save up your money to pay for it once you're old enough. Hope this helps....sorry to disappoint you.
The above is for FAA...Not sure on Canadian regulations....there is google.
No that's awesome thanks.

What I'm planning to do is start flying soon with an instuctor, and spread it out a bit, but not to much. Then if I get quite a few hours with an instructor, I would even go above then put it towards my commercial. Thanks!
Quote: The above is for FAA...Not sure on Canadian regulations....there is google.
Oh Okay, I will let you guys know if I find out.
Great News! You only have to be fourteen, a few sites said so, thanks so much everyone.