Things to ponder

Subscribe
1) Illegal immigration is illegal.

2) posting a "duration of stay" timeline for illegals to become legal encourages the illegal immigration to continue if not grow. Kind of a light at the end of the tunnel, no pun is intended.

3) not that I condone paying these people bottom of the barrel wages, but legalizing such a huge workforce defeats the purpose of why they are hired in the first place, el cheapo wages for the employer. Even min. wage would at least double the wage cost for the employer.

4) A huge part of an illegal immigrant's wages are sent back to Mexico to support their families. Understandable, but they are not really contributing to our society as some would have us believe. Something like Mexico's 3 biggest source of personal income is cash from mexican nationals residing in foreign countries.

Lastly) We are outsourcing AMERICAN JOBS within our own country. Democrats have campaigned against such outsourcing for years, but now there is an opportunity to expand their constituency with the legalization of thousands of illegals.
I really like the first line. Sounds so simple, but why can no one understand this.
I also really like the outsourcing argument. You can see in a few of my previous posts that I feel outsourcing is really not a bad thing. But, I think it is important to remind democrats that if they are so against outsourcing jobs overseas, why would they allow outsourcing within our borders. Yet another reason democrats are hypocritical.